AVIC411.com

Will this work? (Simple mods)

1) I don't want the clock displayed. I have a clock in my car 6 inches above my screen, and I can't read the one on the screen anyway. Where can I comment out the code that displays it without affecting any of the time calculations for routes?

2) I want to remove the scale. Should be easy enough and not affect anything, but I can't find the info on here how to do it short of installing a complete mod - which I don't want (yet).

3) The route summary stuff (ETA, distance remaining, etc.) gets covered by the phone popup window when I'm on a call. Guess what the single most asked question is? "When are you going to be home?" ...So I want to move this box.

Can I accomplish #s 1 & 2 above, and then:

1) Use the x&y coordinates from the clock for the route summary box?

2) Use the x&y coordinates from the scale or the route summary box for the compass?

I'm also going to make the compass do the whole "route cancellation" thing. This is about all I want to change (right now).

1) I don't want the clock displayed. I have a clock in my car 6 inches above my screen, and I can't read the one on the screen anyway. Where can I comment out the code that displays it without affecting any of the time calculations for routes?

2) I want to remove the scale. Should be easy enough and not affect anything, but I can't find the info on here how to do it short of installing a complete mod - which I don't want (yet).

3) The route summary stuff (ETA, distance remaining, etc.) gets covered by the phone popup window when I'm on a call. Guess what the single most asked question is? "When are you going to be home?" ...So I want to move this box.

Can I accomplish #s 1 & 2 above, and then:

1) Use the x&y coordinates from the clock for the route summary box?

2) Use the x&y coordinates from the scale or the route summary box for the compass?

I'm also going to make the compass do the whole "route cancellation" thing. This is about all I want to change (right now).

for the time not to show up, look for this in your navigatemap_800_480.ui and comment it out

;time

to remove the Map Scale, open up DATA\ui_pioneer\common\ui\navigatemap.ui and seach and replace all references of

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 1

with

map.ZOOMCONTROL_SHOW 0

Do the same thing for DATA\ui_pioneer\common\ui\browsemap.ui

for the route summary thing you have to play with lots of values to have the whole thing move and align properly,

search for this in your navigatemap_800_480.ui and play with the x & y values

Are the x&y coordinates the topleft-most pixel? It doesn't look like they would be the center pixel, but I'm just making sure before I screw it up...

to make sure you don't screw anything up have your files backed up, once you've done that then you could pretty much play with the values

Are the x&y coordinates the topleft-most pixel? It doesn't look like they would be the center pixel, but I'm just making sure before I screw it up...

X and Y are relative to the topmost left pixel of the layer elements are in. However, since most layers do not specify coordinates, they are assumed to coincide with the screen itself. So, since ui_RouteinfoBackground does not have separate X and Y, you can position things relative to the top left corner.

Done. Peace of cake (with the above info courtesy of IDT!!)

At first, I just tried the coordinates of the clock for the route info stuff and it was too far to the right, so I had to do a little bit of figuring to find out where it SHOULD be. I also didn't know that the compass needle was a different element - I guess I figured that the whole compass was one thing that rotated, but it's not - there's the compass background and the needle that both needed to be moved.

In addition to this stuff, I hated how obnoxious the sounds were when you went to the menu and tapped on stuff, so instead of replacing them all with silence (ala Stephanie's mods), I just took the files into Audacity and did a -10 amplification on them. Now they're quieter, but still there! (Cuz I like a little feedback, just not so much as to feel like I'm waking the neighborhood when I go into the menu) I don't know if it was there before (because the sounds were so friggin loud), but there's a little bit of a white noise "hiss" in the background when these sounds are playing. I'm gonna see if I can eliminate this later. For now, the quieter sounds are awesome.

Everything was very easy to do - find out what the difference is of the x&y and then apply that difference to every element that you want moved. Check out the screens below - and I'll be happy to provide directions and/or files for anybody if they're interested.

• 3 months later...
I cannot locate a file named "navigatemap_800_480.ui " in the Data.zip file of my F700BT, OS 2.006. Where is it located?

I got this from the article I posted in the wiki:

"...open \ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui file that is inside the APL2\iGo\DATA.zip file"

...It's been a while since I got into mine, but the above should be correct.

I cannot locate a file named "navigatemap_800_480.ui " in the Data.zip file of my F700BT, OS 2.006. Where is it located?

I got this from the article I posted in the wiki:

"...open \ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui file that is inside the APL2\iGo\DATA.zip file"

...It's been a while since I got into mine, but the above should be correct.

I found it, thanks!