AVIC411.com

F500BT installation questions

Hi, I wanna instal my f500 to my car ampli.

Ä° didnt find any knowledge about two cable:

1) AMP CONTROL (BLUE/WHITE)

As I saw at connection diagram of pioneer; this cable conected to the ND-G500. What is the duty of AMP CONTROL? Will i use this cable with my original car amp?

2) BATTERY CABLE (YELLOW)

This cable and BLACK 5VDC cable is connected to the ND-G500 at the same time. Why? i am confused. I think that both of them is power cables that suplly power to the avic f500. Why does f500 get power from two cable at the same time?

And what is the input voltage range of YELLOW BATTERY CABLE. Will i connect it to the car battery (12 VDC) directly?

And why this cable is north american only?

and BLACK CABLE THAT CONNECTED TO 5V DC;

It is connected to NG-D500 too . Why? Why it is receiving 5vdc from ampli? What will i do to this cable? Will i use it to get power from the car or will i use the BATTERY CABLE (YELLOW) to get power from the car?

Beside all of these, please say me other important things about installation of F500.

I didn't use ND-G500, so I'm not sure the AMP Control, but I guess it is used to let the ND-G500 know it is time to mute the sound from Car Stereo, such as time for Bluetooth phone or navi guidance. Most likely this is specific for ND-G500, so I doubt you can use it to control your OEM car AMP.

For the power line, the yellow (+12v always on) line seems only used for MSN Direct circuit in the cradle, so that it still able to receive MSN Direct info even the car is off. If you are not using the ND-G500, you can tap the yellow line to any +12v always on in the car.

The Black (+5v ACC) line is the one used to power the F500BT. The ND-G500 just provide both +12v always on and +5v Acc for easiler connection.

i dont live in north america. So i will not use msn direct. so it seems that i will not use yellow power (12 volt) cable. if i dont misunderstood i will use black 5v cable for supply power to avic f500. But i dont wanna use cigarette lighter. Because when i get in the car i just want to put my f500 cradle and use simply. i dont wanna make an any aditional effort to plug cigarette ligter adapter. And i dont wanna see any additional cable (cigarette lighter adapter) in front of my dash.

Is there a way to use my f500 without a power connection every time when i get in the car and without uısing cigarette lighter adapter?

Here are a couple of other things:

The external GPS antenna uses a MMCX connector. Get one!

Te external mic uses a 2.5mm connector, the pioneer mic blows, but any will work with the correct plug. get one of those, too.

Like the other posts say, use =12V constant on the yellow wire, but use the cigarette lighter plug (into the car harness, NOT the side of the deck) wired to your ignition/accessory circuit.

The thing boots in less than 20 seconds in my car set up like this.

If you have the car in accessory so the unit turns on, then start the car, the damn thing will doa full re-boot, which takes like 2 minutes (and pisses me off) so I am gonna use a couple of diodes and a relay to make the unit stay on while the engine cranks.

Ialso used the diagrams from www.the12volt.com to make a "etained accessory power" circuit, so mine stays on after I shut the key off until I open the door.

now what I wanna know is how to get the stupid nav to quit telling me 40 times when I need to turn!

GL!

Luke

Like the other posts say, use =12V constant on the yellow wire, but use the cigarette lighter plug (into the car harness, NOT the side of the deck) wired to your ignition/accessory circuit.

Luke

Sorry for my english, i cant understand this sentences.

i wanna clarify/simplfy my question: Can i use the yellow 12V cable to supply power F500 without using 5VDC port?

Hi, I wanna instal my f500 to my car ampli.

Ä° didnt find any knowledge about two cable:

1) AMP CONTROL (BLUE/WHITE)

As I saw at connection diagram of pioneer; this cable conected to the ND-G500. What is the duty of AMP CONTROL? Will i use this cable with my original car amp?

It is a power on signal used to tell other items you are turning on your F500BT. The ND-G500 needs this connector to know when to operate with the F500BT. If you have an aux input on your factory stereo, you can just hook the audio out of the F500BT to the jack and control it like usual, not using the amp control wire.

2) BATTERY CABLE (YELLOW)

This cable and BLACK 5VDC cable is connected to the ND-G500 at the same time. Why? i am confused. I think that both of them is power cables that suplly power to the avic f500. Why does f500 get power from two cable at the same time?

And what is the input voltage range of YELLOW BATTERY CABLE. Will i connect it to the car battery (12 VDC) directly?

And why this cable is north american only?

The yellow 12v wire goes to an always hot "12 volt" source.If you use the ND-G500 it also uses an always hot 12v. You can run it to the battery or use an available source in your fuse box etc.

The 5v plug is used to operate the battery charger of the F500BT. The F500BT runs about a half hour without the 5v power source if you don't want to use it. The cigarette adapter is used if you do not use the ND-G500, which has a 5v power source available to the F500BT.

Ask Pioneer why it is North American only. ???

and BLACK CABLE THAT CONNECTED TO 5V DC;

It is connected to NG-D500 too . Why? Why it is receiving 5vdc from ampli? What will i do to this cable? Will i use it to get power from the car or will i use the BATTERY CABLE (YELLOW) to get power from the car?

The answer as above is that you use either the cigarette adapter or the ND-G500 as your 5v source. You need this.