AVIC411.com

Hey guys, I am new here and this seems like a great forum! I just got my F700BT today and I ran into a major glitch. I have over 100 contacts in my HTC Touch Diamond and they will not transfer to my system. The phone is paired correctly as it works great on the system, but when I try to transfer my phone book over, it says phonebook not found, or something like that. The reason that this is a major glitch is that this is partially the reason that I got this unit, so that I can use the contacts folder on my F700BT to make calls:(. Please help!

To clarify issue the message during transfer says "no phone number" which was a new one to me when I saw it. After reading the manual (page 55) you must register some phones with the unit. When you do this you may wish to do so when there are limited opportunities for other bluetooth devices to interfere with the process. Let me know if this works.

I am assuming that the phone has to be registered as all functions work with the Nav system, just not the contacts or the phone book transfer. Is there any way of typing them in manually? I will tell you tonight what the 'exact' message is as I will try it again.

I solved this problem yesterday, both of my phones did this.

Step 1. Disconect bluetooth connection with your device.

Step 2. Send each contact to the unit via bluetooth. You'll have to do each contact one at a time. It may be labled "Vcard" or something like that.

Step 3. Establish connection with your phone and the unit once you've sent each contact.

Step 4. Transfer contacts.

You'll find this to work, as I did. I was pissed off for 3 days because my contacts would not load. Now I'm happy as a bear in a honey pit.

I solved this problem yesterday, both of my phones did this.

Step 1. Disconect bluetooth connection with your device.

Step 2. Send each contact to the unit via bluetooth. You'll have to do each contact one at a time. It may be labled "Vcard" or something like that.

Step 3. Establish connection with your phone and the unit once you've sent each contact.

Step 4. Transfer contacts.

You'll find this to work, as I did. I was pissed off for 3 days because my contacts would not load. Now I'm happy as a bear in a honey pit.

No, that wont work with my phone as the only option it gives me to send the contact is to Beam it. When I try that, it shows no devices that I can Beam to as beaming is done through infra red port. I tried again today to transfer my contacts and it first starts by saying that it will take a while to transfer and then hit 'OK'. I do that and then it says to send them as business card or to continue on and hit 'OK'. I do so and then it says 'NO PHONE NUMBER' ..... Yeah, I have a phone number, I have 104 of them in my contacts :(

Hey abb1,

I had the same problem with my HTC Fuze. What eventually worked for me was to download and install the demo of Jetware bluetooth software (http://www.jetwaremobile.com/).

Once installed, run the program and choose the "Options" softkey and from that menu choose "Phone Settings" (these instructions may or may not be exactly correct, I'm going off of memory here).

From the "Phone Settings" menu choose the left softkey menu (don't recall what is was named) and choose something like "Send Contacts". First it will have you select which categories of contacts to send (if you haven't setup categories, just select the first (and only) option.

On the next screen, change the format of the name to "First Last" and "Send one entry per phone number".

Sending the contacts may (or may not) take a very long time. Once finished, then goto the the "Phonebook Transfer" screen on the AVIC and have it load the contacts.

Once I had everything moved over, I uninstalled the Jetware software as it seemed to degrade the performance of my phone abit.

had the same problem, downloaded the software in the "phonebook edit software" thread and used it to create a contact list, worked like a champ

Thanks, I tried it and the software wont load on Vista64. Looks like I am S.O.L.

No, that wont work with my phone as the only option it gives me to send the contact is to Beam it. When I try that, it shows no devices that I can Beam to as beaming is done through infra red port. I tried again today to transfer my contacts and it first starts by saying that it will take a while to transfer and then hit 'OK'. I do that and then it says to send them as business card or to continue on and hit 'OK'. I do so and then it says 'NO PHONE NUMBER' ..... Yeah, I have a phone number, I have 104 of them in my contacts :(

This one I don't understand. I had this issue with my Tilt with the stock AT&T ROM. When I picked Beam contact, once the bluetooth connection was set and registered, there was an option there to send via Bluetooth. I had to do it one at a time until I hacked my Tilt and put ROMeOS 3.5 ROM on it. All my contacts went no problem after that.

Anyone with an HTC phone, you've got to check xda-developers out. (Google it, you'll find it.) It's like the AVIC411 for HTC / WM phones. There are tons of hacks out there for every model that will let you unlock and customize the phones to no end. The reason I bring this up is that a lot of the stock ROMS have either a proprietary or crippled bluetooth stack. When you load a new ROM on there, you get the standard MS Stack back. That is what causes a lot of incompatibility with Bluetooth. (Jetware works around this by translating non-standard to standard for your phone.)

Did you give Jetware a try?

thanks Goober, I finally got it to work. it was not easy, but after the third try and several hours, it worked! THANKS for all your help! Cheers, abb1