AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Adaptor

I have been doing some online research about purchasing the Bluetooth Adaptor for the Avic Z1. I have seen that it is not good and that it is good. I wanted to get some real life feedback from those who know avic's well.... AVIC411.COM

If anyone could please provide some feedback before i purchase the accessory... :D

I cant give a solid answer on that one because I bought my AVIC off Ebay and I know some stuff was already done to it because when I went to do the motion bypass it was already done. However it still had the stock HDD and (dont no one shoot me) but I bought a 60Gb Z3 upgrade HDD (MK6034GAX) off Ebay for $80. I bought it after much reading and learning what all I needed. It had the Z3 maps, 08' firmware, Gracenote and Bluetooth upgrades so I guess so.

Ok... Now let me ask you this, how exactly does this system work? I know that seems pretty obvious, but I'm just comparing it to stock systems in mercedes and such....

So, do you hear the ringing in the car or do the calls come thru automatically? How do you answer the calls? From your phone or on the unit? Does the device copy your entire phone book to the unit or no? Sorry for all the questions, just want to know more about it.

Ok... Now let me ask you this, how exactly does this system work? I know that seems pretty obvious, but I'm just comparing it to stock systems in mercedes and such....

So, do you hear the ringing in the car or do the calls come thru automatically? How do you answer the calls? From your phone or on the unit? Does the device copy your entire phone book to the unit or no? Sorry for all the questions, just want to know more about it.

Seems to depend somewhat on the used phone type. On some it rings via the system, on some only on the phone itsself. With incoming calls, you get an allert on screen, with caller id, and sound is muted. You can accept the call via the touchscreen.

Copying addresses again depends on your phone. If your phone supports it, you can copy your entire address book in one go. If it does not, you can still copy them one-by-one....

Oh ok... See I don't want my phone book in my avic... I don't mind the answering from the unit part If I can look at my phone and see who is calling and decide to answer via the unit.. Just gotta see I guess.. I have a blackberry 8320 curve, so I'm just trying to see how its gonna happen...

As long as the calls don't automatically come thru, that's at least one positive thing to know..