AVIC411.com

Why is a hack necessary for 3d landmarks?

Everywhere I look, I can only seem to find information on how to add 3d landmarks via a HACK for the F90BT. This is a touted feature on Pioneer's own website - but I don't seem to have any 3d landmarks... I have looked right at downtown Los Angeles and nothing - just maps. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... AVIC-F90BT

Where do I get these?

...and yes, I have all of the options turned on in Settings.

Everywhere I look, I can only seem to find information on how to add 3d landmarks via a HACK for the F90BT. This is a touted feature on Pioneer's own website - but I don't seem to have any 3d landmarks... I have looked right at downtown Los Angeles and nothing - just maps. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... AVIC-F90BT

Where do I get these?

...and yes, I have all of the options turned on in Settings.

A little more attention reading the threads, and you'd see that it is 3D buildings that require a hack. 3D landmarks work out of the box, and there are a few of them in LA, too.

Gotcha. I thought it was a semantics thing - some people calling them "landmarks" and others calling them "buildings"...

So what landmarks do we have here in LA to look at on my pretty little screen?

Different things... Landmarks are very detailed, colored, textured, and there aren't too many of them. Buildings are less detailed, but at least downtowns of major cities are usually completely modeled.

I'm not familiar with LA landmarks, but you should see something at:

W 1st and N Main,

E Temple and John Aiso,

S Broadway and W 3rd,

a whole bunch around 4th and Grand,

something quite weird-looking at 1st and Grand...