AVIC411.com

AVIC F700BT Network connectivity? iPod/iPhone enhancements?

I'm just getting into the hacks section now that I've finally buttoned up my interior, including my backup cam.

Has anyone gone down the road, or attempted network connectivity? One sweet setup would have the AVIC tethered to my jailbroken iPhone either using the USB connection, or a SD/USB wireless adapter. The next thought would be to get traffic updates or widgets (weather, ?). I don't understand the mapping software just yet, so is there any chance of overlaying traffic data? I'm assuming there is since they use MSN Direct to do similar in the F90 series?

Has anyone else pulled in more functionality with an iPod/iPhone? Inbound text messages, alerts, etc?

Thanks in advance!

no, no, and no.

Searching is your friend.

For the search inept:

No network as there is no DUN stack on the avic. Could it be hacked? Maybe. has it been hacked? No. Is it worth the hassle? Probably not. MSN does traffic overlay just fine.

Activesync? there is no DUN stack on the avic. Could it be hacked? Maybe. has it been hacked? No. Is it worth the hassle? Probably not.

Speed sensitive volume. Works with nav, doesn't work with Audio sources. Could it be hacked? Maybe. has it been hacked? No. Is it worth the hassle? Probably not.

Your response was pretty much useless. Please don't respond if you can't contribute. You have no idea how long I looked through the forum prior to posting, nor do you know what keywords I was using and to what extent the resultes were useful, so please leave your editorial comments out.

Networking:

After spending another day or so poking around the forums, it sounds like some paths have been gone done without success (yet), but it looks doable. Wireless SD, bluetooth, or USB tethering look like the current options that haven't been confirmed nor ruled out. I think wireless or USB would be most benenficial to myself due to the iPhone tethering software which uses either.

Speed sensitive volume:

I noticed there are some Boxster owners in this forum (or other convertibles), and I'm sure not everyone has a whisper quiet car. My car is louder at highway speeds and I would find the speed sensitive volume VERY useful and just another step to make this a great replacement for what is coming from the auto manufacturers these days. I think the coolest would be to get an ambient sound level from the microphone and adjust the volume accordingly.

I wish I had a couple days to dig into this, but I have very limited time. I will see what I can come up with. Right now I'm using some of the existing hacks to see what others have done already.