AVIC411.com

F90BT with BlackBerry Curve 8310 O/S 4.5.0.110

My F90BT was installed in my car this weekend and I've been playing aorund with it. I've noticed a couple of things with the Bluetooth connectivity with my AT&T BlackBerry Curve 8310 running O/S 4.5.0.110.

1. I have both the F90BT and my BlackBerry setup for automatic detection and connection, but in the approximately 15 times I've started my car up (in turn, powering up the F90BT) the two have only automatically connected once. Is there a trick to getting this to work all the time?

2. Also, it took me several attempts to transfer my phone book from my BlackBerry to the F90BT. It would transfer partway, then the F90BT would power down and restart on its own. Anyone know why this happened?

3. The last time everything transferred over, but not the way I'd like them to be in the F90BT. Is there a way to edit the Contacts on the head unit?

4. Some Contacts are in there multiple times. For instance if I have a home and a mobile number for John Smith which are both stored under John Smith in my BlackBerry, I have 4 Contacts in the F90BT: Smith John Home, Smith John mobile, John Smith home, and John Smith mobile. I have 123 Contacts in my BlackBerry, each with multiple phone numbers. The F90BT documentation I read states it supports up to 400 entries with each Contact having up to 3 phone numbers. I have less than 400 phone numbers, but would prefer not to go through each of them and edit them just so they will look the way I want them to in the F90BT. Any tips or tricks on transferring from the BlackBerry I have to the F90BT?

My F90BT was installed in my car this weekend and I've been playing aorund with it. I've noticed a couple of things with the Bluetooth connectivity with my AT&T BlackBerry Curve 8310 running O/S 4.5.0.110.

1. I have both the F90BT and my BlackBerry setup for automatic detection and connection, but in the approximately 15 times I've started my car up (in turn, powering up the F90BT) the two have only automatically connected once. Is there a trick to getting this to work all the time? i also have a Blackberry Curve but mine is verizon. mine works everytime. maybe you werent allowing enough time for the bluetooth to connect. it usually is the last thing to load

2. Also, it took me several attempts to transfer my phone book from my BlackBerry to the F90BT. It would transfer partway, then the F90BT would power down and restart on its own. Anyone know why this happened? as far as i can tell this is just a glitch in the bluetooth software. i have not had this problem with my Curve but i have seen it happen when working with customers on their car. it shouldnt happen often but if it does just keep on trying.

3. The last time everything transferred over, but not the way I'd like them to be in the F90BT. Is there a way to edit the Contacts on the head unit? how do you want them listed? last name, first name? first name last name? this all depends on how it is displayed on yout blackberry. change the settings in your blackberry if you want it to display differently on the Pioneer

4. Some Contacts are in there multiple times. For instance if I have a home and a mobile number for John Smith which are both stored under John Smith in my BlackBerry, I have 4 Contacts in the F90BT: Smith John Home, Smith John mobile, John Smith home, and John Smith mobile. I have 123 Contacts in my BlackBerry, each with multiple phone numbers. The F90BT documentation I read states it supports up to 400 entries with each Contact having up to 3 phone numbers. I have less than 400 phone numbers, but would prefer not to go through each of them and edit them just so they will look the way I want them to in the F90BT. Any tips or tricks on transferring from the BlackBerry I have to the F90BT?

try connecting your phone then going into the bluetooth menu and clear the memory and try transferring it again. be sure to take care of step 3 above first.

as i mentioned before, i have a Blackberry Curve on Verizon and an AVICF900BT. mine works flawlessly so it is not a compatibility issue. it just seems like you have some settings that need to be adjusted in the phone. EDIT: mine is a BB Curve 8330, not 8310. so it may not be like comparing apples to apples