AVIC411.com

Few code questions for modders.

Is there a known variable for night mode? I've been digging through some of the mods, and the buttons that look killer during the day are bright and obtrusive at night. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm contemplating adding similar buttons that are visible regularly on the same layer and location as the buttons already are, then using the visiblemodel based on what mode it's in, night or day.

The other big question that I can't seem to find, has anythong published known hooks, methods, and vars, or is it a play it by ear?

Is there a known variable for night mode? I've been digging through some of the mods, and the buttons that look killer during the day are bright and obtrusive at night. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm contemplating adding similar buttons that are visible regularly on the same layer and location as the buttons already are, then using the visiblemodel based on what mode it's in, night or day.

The other big question that I can't seem to find, has anythong published known hooks, methods, and vars, or is it a play it by ear?

Even NavNGo does not quite release any kind of documentation for skin scripting. It is all by trial and error...

For buttons, you could add a night version of the bitmap to the night subfolder (of either Common or 800_480 depending on where you fetch the day version from)...

The other big question that I can't seem to find, has anything published known hooks, methods, and vars, or is it a play it by ear?

Even NavNGo does not quite release any kind of documentation for skin scripting. It is all by trial and error...

For buttons, you could add a night version of the bitmap to the night subfolder (of either Common or 800_480 depending on where you fetch the day version from)...

I appreciate it thanks :) Tried one button real quick before I went to work and it worked great.

I wasn't sure if people had started collecting API calls they find and putting them in a central place, something similar to what addon coders have done for World of Warcraft.

Thanks again.

The other big question that I can't seem to find, has anything published known hooks, methods, and vars, or is it a play it by ear?

I appreciate it thanks :) Tried one button real quick before I went to work and it worked great.

I wasn't sure if people had started collecting API calls they find and putting them in a central place, something similar to what addon coders have done for World of Warcraft.

Thanks again.

There was a thread where people would put this stuff, but it hasn't seen much activity... In any case, pretty much anything that can be done on the AVIC can be found by a) looking at existing scripts and B) running EZRider.EXE through a disassembler (i.eу IDA Pro) and looking at strings found there.