AVIC411.com

F90BT: External Hard Drive

Hey F Series Geniuses!

I am asking a question that I know has been asked already. I have searched and reviewed the existing discussions on this. However, I have not seen a good answer so I am asking again.

I have an F90BT (that does frustrate me sometimes but overall I LOVE it).

I am looking to attach an external hard drive to store my movies. I have an iPod and it does a great job at storing and playing my movies, however it does not have adequate storage space to hold to number of movies I would like to keep on hand. I have found that I tend to lower the rip quality which causes the movies to look pixilated on my external 15" for the kids in the back. I just need a larger solution.

Has anyone had luck storing movies on an external drive and playing them through the F90BT.

If so what formats are you using to play them with?

I would love to be able to use my existing .mp4 formats.

hello there.. this is off subject but how did u get to play movies with sound on your ipod. i can play movies on it but can't get the sound to come out through my ipod to my car speakers but it plays music from the list with no problem to the sound. please advise. i have a iphone and i even tried with the itouch/ipod but it won't produce any sound except for the video. There are bunch of others like me trying to find a resolution for this. HELP!