AVIC411.com

Dialing "*" or "#" WTF?

OK, Maybe I am getting retarded at my old age, but how the heck do you dial "*" ( star ) on the Z1 phone dialpad? Or for that matter "#" (pound)

All I see is "+" and "-" but no "*" or "#" !!!

I need to be able to dial/voice-dial Sprint's Voice Command with a connected BT phone, and it needs to be a single "*"

I tried to setup a preffered dial name ( in one of the 5 available slots but cannot seem to have it dial "*" )

Taking the phone out, diling "*" and switching the audio back to the Z1 defeats the whole BT purpose... UGH!

Any ideas?
  • 2 weeks later...
There is no way it would integrate with the screen. Unless we reverse engineered the bluetooth adapter and communication, and my guess is the software is more in the Z1, the adapter is just the hardware antenna and some minor software. It will plug in and use your car speakers as a speaker phone and they work rather will. It will mute the radio and have a separate screen for the caller id. But to integrate with the onboard bluetooth phone system... no way.
  • 2 weeks later...
So has ANYONE figured out how to dial "*" or "#" on this darn Pioneer thing?

Honestly if there is a direct dial # for Sprint's Voice Command System ( that is why I need to disl "*") then hopefully someone can post it here so I can get around not having a "*" key on the screen of the Navi.
This is just another example of the horrible project managment on the Z1. The moron that ran this project should be keelhauled until they learn to hire intelligent, common sense using, programmers and interface designers.

The Z1's interface looks like an after thought it's so ugly. And from all the amazingly stupid interface screwups you can tell they did zero realworld testing of the Z1.

Over all I'm extreamly disappointed in the Z1 and would NOT recommend it and in fact have warned off several of my friends from buying one.