AVIC411.com

MSN Direct South Florida

well that really sucks. This was one of the main reasons I chose the f90bt over the kenwood. Is there any other traffic, weather etc.. service that is compatible with the pioneer?

As far as I know there are not any other options. i guess the only hope is that the services will get better as MS continues to develop it.

When I first activated mine, I had lots of everything: traffic, weather, gas stations, and movie theaters.

Now it seems like I am only receiving traffic and some gas stations - they just seem to have fallen off of the system.

Stuff like this makes me know that I don't wanna pay for this service...

If your unit can't get signal, you should check you antenna connection. If that doesn't work, make sure you can receive the two FM stations in your area that are sending the MSN data. If that doesn't work, I'd call MSN's support to complain.

To compare, I'm in southwest FL and since I moved here in June my MSN Direct watch has stopped receiving data, despite me being near a major metro that is heavily covered by MSN. This wasn't a problem in Western Pennsylvania, however.

I shouldn't have a problem getting coverage here, but I am. Newman said the same about his coverage in DC.

This is why I said give MSN a call... at the very least they could see what's going on on the network. I'd be surprised if they knew they were having signal problems for such a large mass of customers like you're having in LA...