AVIC411.com

Software Hack WON'T INSTALL, WHY?

I have a NEW AVIC-F700BT which already came with the NEW 2.o firmware. I want to do the software hack, which I fully understand (I hope), and have put it on my SD card. But when I put it into my unit and then power it on to have it boot off of the SD card, to install the moded version, it does nothing. However, It is NOT the SD card, as it can read from it if I put some music files on it, it will read, see, and play them.

What do I need to do inorder to make this "software hacked Version" install on my unit?, (and yes I have put the folders right at the root, and all of that...but I am open to any ideas as I have been trying for several weeks now)?

I have a NEW AVIC-F700BT which already came with the NEW 2.o firmware. I want to do the software hack, which I fully understand (I hope), and have put it on my SD card. But when I put it into my unit and then power it on to have it boot off of the SD card, to install the moded version, it does nothing. However, It is NOT the SD card, as it can read from it if I put some music files on it, it will read, see, and play them.

What do I need to do inorder to make this "software hacked Version" install on my unit?, (and yes I have put the folders right at the root, and all of that...but I am open to any ideas as I have been trying for several weeks now)?

If I'm reading this correctly the SD card does not boot so you can get into testmode. If that's the case you need to make sure these 2 folders with whatever is inside them are in the root.

MiTACAP

Testmode

As long as those 2 folders are in the root of the SD card it should boot no problem from the SD. Once it does and your in Wince you can open up explorer and copy whatever files your trying to copy or run testmode with the new leetlauncher

• 2 weeks later...
2.0 software

f700bt

extracted GTIMATT09 Data.zip files to SD Card along with Transportm.ttf

but its not loading the files i leave the card in before i start my car .

any help appreciated

once again, you have to make sure you put the test mode files onto the card also so that you can get into the windows CE screens. The mods dont install themselves (unless you use mods like Cmh982 that are self installing). you must copy the files into your device into there correct location. BUT MAKE SURE YOU FULLY BACK-UP YOUR UNIT BEFORE YOU DO ANY MODS TO IT SO THAT IF SOMETHING F''S UP YOU CAN RESTORE IT BACK TO NORMAL IF YOU DIDN'T MESS IT UP TOO BAD. There are threads already in the forum about how to do this (hint, look at wiki and/or stickied threads to find out ALL this info).