AVIC411.com

HELP!!! How Do You Get Into Testmode When There Is NO FLASH!

Now I'm really screwed. In the process of re-writing the flash disc in my F90BT I inadvertantly lost the power to the AVIC while I was re-installing the "My Flash Disk" and now I get a dead unit! How can I get into the AVIC so I can put the files back in? Right now the flash disk is empty in the AVIC and I try to get into it with TESTMODE and it just starts to read the file and then....BLANK :evil: : :twisted::roll:

Now what do I do?

Is there a way to get into the WINCE environment to put this back in??

I AM F***ING PISSED AT MYSELF!!!

Thanx guys for the help!!

Bud

Now I'm really screwed. In the process of re-writing the flash disc in my F90BT I inadvertantly lost the power to the AVIC while I was re-installing the "My Flash Disk" and now I get a dead unit! How can I get into the AVIC so I can put the files back in? Right now the flash disk is empty in the AVIC and I try to get into it with TESTMODE and it just starts to read the file and then....BLANK :evil: : :twisted::roll:

Now what do I do?

Is there a way to get into the WINCE environment to put this back in??

I AM F***ING PISSED AT MYSELF!!!

Thanx guys for the help!!

Bud

try using CMH auto installer,and inside MITACAP folder put in all your back ups (everything inside iGO folder)

If the cmh autoload method doesn't work, some WinCE PNAs have a way to get into engineering mode by pressing and holding a button (scrollwheel in on my iPaq 310, for example), pressing reset and then holding the button for around 10 seconds or so until the screen displays the Engineering Mode menu. Probably doesn't work for AVIC Fs (otherwise, wouldn't someone have already found it?) but figured it's worth mentioning if the flash is gone.

Good luck!

I can get into the uBoot menu but that is not a big help. It has an option to upload the WINCE.IMG and BKS files from SD so I will try that to start but without the proper service tools I am kinda screwed I feel. If I can't get into the Windows Shell...because it's f***ing gone!!!....then I am probably up shits creek. The upside is since all of my flash drive has been erased then they (Pioneer) won't be able to see what mods were in it other than the flash screen when it trys to boot up and that is not a "mod' in their book because they tell us we can. :mrgreen:

I think I'm yanking this brick and sending it back.

Lesson learned. :twisted:

AM F***ING PISSED AT MYSELF!!!

...I guess you didn't read this, Skippy.

Like I said. I get too tired of goofin' with shit by my own hand. I'll stick with the Garmin on the suction cup and put My Sony HU back in and be done with it. Thanx to all who have helped and for the great mods but I am not going to risk fuckinn' it up again.

:P

Yes, I was re-installing my original backup and I had to be a dick and try to start the truck before it was complete. Unfortunately, you have to completely wipe the "My Flash Disk" in the AVIC before you can re-install any earlier versions. I found this out because it will give you a warning screen telling you that there is not enough memory in the flash to do so.

..Bud

• 1 month later...

any news on this please im worried as hell iv done the same thing my system kept resetting its self so wiped it was going to reload all the software back onto it. but before i could the power went and lost everything now when i try and start it it just flashes a load screen then turns off and if i try and do test mode it lets about 50% of the copy screen do its thing then it turns off again

any help be soooo good thanks you so much in advance so worried

I had given up and sent it back to Pioneer for warranty repair. They re-flashed it and best of all it was covered!

I hosed it so bad that even they could not tell that I had been goofin' with it!

Lucked out. It came back with an invoice that the PCB was changed out as well so maybe it was phucked from the get-go.