AVIC411.com

BlackJack II + WM6.1 + JetWare + D3/BTB-200 = FAIL

Anyone have any pointers on how to get a Samsung Blackjack II running Windows Mobile 6.1 to connect with the D3/BTB200? I got as far as installing Jetware, but it's done nothing for me. Every once in a while the phone thinks that it has connected successfully, but then the D3 says otherwise.

With my previous phone (LG CU920 - aka Vu), I got it to pair, but it could not stream audio. Now, I cannot get the phone to do anything with the HU. :evil:

According to the Official Compatibility thread, the BlackJack has been successfully paired with the D3/BTB200, but they didn't explain how (and now I cannot find that thread again).

Well, I found that Jetware does nothing for the Blackjack, so I uninstalled the program. I tried once more to connect to the D3, and had it for a second, then it went away. Did it once more and made it work. Only problem is that it doesn't auto-connect, which sucks. Manually connecting it is bothersome only b/c I'm in the car for only a few minutes at a time, but always have one or two calls to make/receive during that time.

Oh well, one thing down, one to go. I need to upload some music to the phone now, to test the BT audio connectivity.

And to finish this off, just in case someone else has this issue...baby-steps work.

The BJII auto-connects now. I deleted all of the other phones from the system, just in case the BTB200 will only autoconnect with the phone in the #1 slot. It didn't work at first, in fact it didn't even connect at all at first, but after I restarted the car, the little headset icon on the BlackJack popped up, and I was able to make a call via bluetooth.

I still need to load some music onto the card, but in due time I'll get that done.

• 1 month later...

Ultimately, I think it was a matter of the other phones still being in the #1 spot in the registry. Once I got rid of them, and re-paired the BJII w/ the unit, everything worked. The phone pairs automatically each and every time. You having troubles or haven't tried yet? PM me if you need to.

• 1 month later...

Well, I ran into an issue with this BT connection once again. I had to reset the BlackJack II to get Garmin Mobile XT to work with the phone's GPS. In doing so, I deleted the Bluetooth connection to the BTB200/D3. I had a helluva time getting it to work again, but it's finally back to "normal."

Ultimately, in order to connect, I had to install the JET firmware (version 1.31...i think), try to connect, let it fail, then remove the program (JET). As soon as I deleted the program from the phone, it connected upon the next attempt, and has auto-connected since.

Again, questions? PM me.