AVIC411.com

F900BT and Ford Acc delay (not working)

I just installed my F900BT using a Scosche FD23b adapter in an 06 Explorer XLT (previous radio: OEM single CD, no sub).

I connected all eight speaker wires, 2 power leads (yell and red), black and ILL.

The only wire I have not connected yet is VSS. Pkg brake is grounded and mute relocated and grounded. I connected the HUs ground to the wiring harness black wire (not directly to ground). Antenna not connected yet, waiting on adapter.

Everything is working OK, except the "accessory delay feature". The unit shuts off immediately after shutting off the key (old one did not).

There was a small(er) connector on the OEM radio that was not reused. Is this canbus? And perhaps the reason why acc. delay no longer works?

Yes that sounds about right. If you really want to keep the acc delay, you have two options:

1) If your acc delay is just until you physically pull out the key, you should be able to tap the "key sense" wire from the key ignition switch.

2) Get a CAN BUS adapter and install it behind the radio, wiring to that third unused connector (you would need to get the pinouts for your exact make/model/year, and then using the adapters "IGN" wire to trigger your AVIC.

if you have the moonroof option, there should be a RAP power wire running to it that you can tap into for the AVIC's ACC. this is what i had to do with my Lincoln

Yes, and if the OP doesn't have a moonroof, he can find the same RAP signal wire inside the drivers door for the delayed power window power.