AVIC411.com

Goes to startup screen... then black

How to re-flash update from SD if unit goes blank after 10-15 seconds . . Also, how to reach test mode CE screen when unit stops (10-15 seconds) before you reach the end of "loading" (in test mode) . .

It was a few days that I got this problem after the regular oil change - sounds crazy, but these guys did something wrong with the battery power in order to "reset" oil change warning . . .

There will be no problem at all if I can get Windows CE screen before unit goes blank , , , I do have backup files, software update 2 and test mode files . . . .

Any ideas?

i just changed my oil last night, hit the oil reset button. next time i turned the car on, i got this problem... very interesting...

[attachment=0]Civic Si Switches.jpg[/attachment]Had the unit repaired for constant rebooting. Two weeks after getting it back I had the same problem as this thread and pioneer also told me it was for those that had it bypassed. I only have the software bypass done but I didn't want to loose the unit for a few weeks again so I tried the following, which worked great and is still running two weeks later. (but you need to have a back up of your original/clean flash disk)

- boot to test mode

- delete your entire my flash disk (only do this if you have your back up)

- replace your back up flash disk

- reboot and it should work

I tried this because I read in some threads that people had their units repaired and pioneer's solution was a software install. This worked for me and if it comes back I will try it again. Wish the unit wasn't so buggy (but I probably should tinker with it either).

Now I have a three position switch (middle switch in the pic) installed so I can ground the parking brake wire when I need to (override), have it connect to the parking brake wire if I need to have it run as advertised (like for the police or dmv), and a off position where the parking brake lead from the unit isn't connected to anything.

just recently installed my F90BT to my 06 Dodge Ram and the unit works great, except for the back up camera. I looked throughout the forum and cannot find some one who had the same problem. When I connected my camera and started my truck the unit turned up and went directly to the reverse screen in black (because the camera was not on), but when I went to reverse the camera came on. Basically, the screen was stuck in backup mode and would not come off unless I reset the headunit and took the unit off of GND. When I went to Battery selection, the unit never switched, and now I've gone through two different wiring harnesses (one that allows for communication with the computer and one without) and both gave me the same result. I hope this was enough info to paint the picture, can some one help!

Does anybody know if reinstalling the Firmware would help?

• 11 months later...
Just got off the phone with pioneer who told me that this problem occurs because the unit is bypassed, which it is. They said it would have to be wired correctly to fix the issue. I refuse to accept that. I was able to fix my unit myself. It would show the splash screen for about 10 seconds then go to a black screen. After the black screen was up for about 45 seconds i would have to press the map button and then the screen would show. Not the end of the world but annoying none the less.

It turns out the problem is in the backup camera setting (i have no backup camera connected). Go into settings>system settings>backup camera

both buttons will appear unselected. push the off button, back out of the settings screen, and try turning the car on and off. Unit should reboot normally.

This worked for me hope it works for you too.

Do the above before you try anything else as it will likely save you time.

This fixed my issues without having to go into test mode and delete the settings files. It's worth noting that deleting those files sets this setting back to the default of Off, I also had to reconfigure the color scan for the illumination lights.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so i found a resolution to my problem and heres what im going to share. so since i got the blank screen after boot. i was checking through this thread and found a partial solution. at least to get the screen to come on after bootup. thanks to a fellow member here. yes the camera switch needs to be turn off. but to get your screen to turn on first you need to press the map button a few times,as many times till you see the button on the bottom. i know you wont see the text on the button. but you should all know its that stupid warning before the map shows up. yes push it. so when ur map does show up. you can now access menu. your gonna notice the icons but no text. hopefully you remember the settings button the right corner. then go to system settings. the backup camera option is like the thrid button on the top row. your gonnna see it highlighted on the left. click it to the other button to turn it off. as soon as you do that and then startup. your screen should now boot up again like normal. but yes, no text still. alright, now go to pioneer and download the update 2.0080. so hopefully no one has done any mods or some type of update since the first one. as i have no mods nor have updated since 2.0060. the only thing i have done is a hardware bypass. one you have downloaded the update. stick the update in your sd slot of ur navi. start the car and it should start updating. let it finish. once its done. its gonna click beep this and that. dont worry. now you have to do a hard reset. thats the reset and eject button. hold on to those 2 for aleast 5 seconds. you system should reboot again. and voila...ur system is back to where it should be. this is what worked for me. again i have no mods or tweaks other than a hardware bypass. i have a f700bt for those who are wondering what system i have. i dont know if this would work for others that have mods but this is what worked for me. hope this helps others who were unclear with any previous help or post. i dont jump this forum to often unless i need a fix for my f700bt. so the info i have given is enough and clear.

• 1 month later...