AVIC411.com

iphone 3g supported features with z1/2/3

hello guys. this is my first post here. been reading this forum for about couple days. the upgrading hacks from z1->z3 really interested me and especially its low price right now compared to many other units. i am seriously considering buying a z1 and doing the upgrade, but i have several things needed to be sorted out to finalize my decision. and i could not find a complete answer. i currently have an iphone 3g and would like to know the ins and outs of the support of the iphone 3g with the avic z1/2/3.

what are the supported features of the bluetooth adapter (nd-bt1) and iphone 3g? does the phonebook sync up? does anything else sync up like address book (highly doubt that will)?

what are the supported features of the ipod adapter (cd-ib100ii)? hows the speed between song changes? i know it will not charge and will have to buy a converter. passport converter doesnt work. does anyone know which ones do? (griffin, ridax, any other converters)

any problems with resuming music play thru the iphone after picking up a call with the bluetooth adapter on the HU? i dont like unplugging my iphone to pickup a call while im driving then plugging it back in afterwards to play music. i've done this so many times especially driving at night which is really annoying.

please dont reply with response regarding your ipod 5g or iphone 2g or what ever g will work and such. im not looking for support with ipods or iphone 2g.

maybe we can gather enough information about iphone 3g usage on the z series we can make this a sticky for future users since iphones are so common now.

I cant vouch for the ipod connection but Bluetooth is lacking. Personally I wouldn't use my iphone to play music because I spent the extra money for the hdd to store my music on the system itself.

I haven't tried to sync address books with my 3g, but that is because the 1st gen iphone I had (using the same iphone firmware, 2.x) didn't allow it. I am disappointed with the iphones inability to do anything at all with bluetooth, aside from handsfree. (Also, there is no difference between how an iphone 3g will interact with the Z1/2/3 and how the original iphone will interact. Its almost like asking how the z3 will connect with the iphone, but not how the z2 will)

That being said, this summer version 3.0 is coming out, and I have read that they will be allowing bluetooth tethering to allow you to access the internet on your laptop through the iphone. This makes me think they may open the bluetooth up a bit more and allow data syncing of contacts to other devices.

As far as calls go, there really are no issues. It works just like any other phone.