AVIC411.com

VR, Contacts and iPhone 3G

Hi all, I've been following a few threads for a while now. I bought a new F700BT and tried to move contacts over. Had the usual problems. Downloaded the test mode files, got the database over, worked on a copy with a program off this site. Deleted the symbols and non alpha-numeric data. Added in area codes w/o the brackets. Copied back into F700, no luck with VR. Then went and added a 1 to the beginning of the area codes. Still no luck.

Is there any real solution to this iPhone contact debacle or do I just learn to dial the phone manually when wanting to use "hands free" operation.

Calling Pioneer. . .well, might have spoken to them in an ancient language because it was either me, or my phone's problem and not theirs, so back to the drawing board.

Incoming and outgoing calls don't have associated names either.

I know some will respond that I should "research" but I've been doing that for two days and still cant get any further in my quest to VR.

Thanks

I can say that once I had the numbers formatted properly, and I synced my 3G to the pioneer, I have had no issues, it dials by name, and I can dial by contact list. No need to get into databases and hack around.

I will say that I don't have the name displayed when a call comes in, but I really don't care, I say 'hi" they say "hi", and I know who it is. :D

I don't see this as a debacle.. just a feature that the iphone and AVIC don't want to play nice, and a large part of this is the iphone and it's contact list implementation being a bit off compared to most phones.

That's odd, I didn't change anything on my iPhone 3G other than list the names to First Last. I did have issues connecting to my F700 initially, then realized that it might be because my iPhone's name had spaces and symbols in it. I changed it to just one word and then it sync'd up perfectly, and all numbers transferred without a hitch! Not sure if that might help you out, but just a thought.

Sal

ok, so make all phone numbers in the iPhone 3G read 123-456-7890 or 1234567890?

First name, then last in the iPhone.

Delete any symbols from both the iPhone's address, i.e. A and B Smith to A and B Smith?

And if my iPhone's name is ABC'S iPhone, change that too?

I see my contacts there but I cannot use VR to make calls.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

My iPhone 3G works perfectly with my 700 after modifying the phone book. Here is an example of what my database looks like inside...

RecNo      ID      chShowName     chPhoneCode     dwType
-----      --      ----------     -----------     ------
 1        1       Bob Smith      2015551212         1
 2        2       Fred Jones     9145551212         1

Thanks to all that helped. I combed through all the contacts using application from this forum. Deleted some duplicates, found one "-" and deleted all the 1 prefixes. So it's only alpha numeric and ten digits in a row.

Uploaded to the F700 and now my VR works!. Thanks to those who were kind enough to spend time with me on this.