AVIC411.com

Just installed hd tunner but cant hear HD sound

So i just installed the Pioneer HD tuner but i am not getting any sound! The Text on the radio is telling me what song is playing and what the HD station is but i am not getting any sound. My sound works perfectly on all other sources just not on the HD source.

I have even tried turning the SLA volume setting up but nothing. I am sure i am missing some super simple step

Thanks for the help

So i just installed the Pioneer HD tuner but i am not getting any sound! The Text on the radio is telling me what song is playing and what the HD station is but i am not getting any sound. My sound works perfectly on all other sources just not on the HD source.

I have even tried turning the SLA volume setting up but nothing. I am sure i am missing some super simple step

Thanks for the help

Apparently, people often plug the cable into the wrong IP-Bus connector on HD (or Sat Radio) units. I'd check there first.

i was really hoping that was not the case. I will have to pull the dash apart again and check that. I was hoping that since the text was working that it was pluged in right.

Why was i not informed that they changed the meaning of output to input :wink: slight twist on a family guy quot

i was really hoping that was not the case. I will have to pull the dash apart again and check that. I was hoping that since the text was working that it was pluged in right.

Why was i not informed that they changed the meaning of output to input :wink: slight twist on a family guy quot

thats why the plugs are blue and black, the blue plug is on the back of the AVIC then you use the black plug on the device you are hooking up (HD, XM, Ipod)

been there before

Well that was it thanks guys. I guess no mater how simple a job seems you should always read the instructions

I guess i was looking at it that Headunit was sending info OUT to the HD tunners INPUT rather then the HD tunner OUTPUT sending info to the headunitS INPUT.

WOW now that i read that I dont know what the hell i was thinking LOL it dose make more sense the TUNER is send the Signal to the deck

well live and learn