AVIC411.com

Canadian: Unreliable Bluetooth connection with Blackberry

Hi folks - new to the board with a question I've searched for, but not many awnsers.

My problem: My bluetooth connection through my f700 is not reliable. It will work with my blacberry for a month or so, then stop working for a week. Then all of of suden it will connect in the middle of a drive and work again :?

When it doesnt work, it is apparant right away. The Blackberry will give me the message saying 'Connected to pioneer...succesful', immiediately after that, it will say 'connection with pioneer...failed'.

I've brought this up with a future shop employee, and he said that the complaints are mostly coming from Bell & Telus owners and must be SP related. I dont beleive this statement as Bluetooth connectivity doesn't have anything to do with you're mobile service provider. Though my wifes Rogers cell does not seem to have this problem :oops:

I have an unlocked n95 with fido and it connects flawlessly even when I put the bluetooth setting to hidden where it dosnt announce it self. Also my service provider is fido. Oh and my unit is a f900 which i doubt makes much difference.

My phone will connect flawlessly also, it just isn't reliable. I mean, why does it work fine for a month, then not for a week? I thought it was my backberry being at max storage space or something, but I've deleted all my work emails transfered all my pics and videos to a pc, and it still gives me the issue. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

I have an F900 and a Rogers Blackberry Curve (8300 series) and I haven't had one issue with it. I mean, other then not hanging up sometimes and locking the headunit. But that's a Pioneer issue. It happened with all my phones on this deck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...