AVIC411.com

F700 splash loading screen then black screen, turns off =(

One more update:

I finally got 3.01 to load successfully. My mistake? Using WinCE files from 2.0, not 3.0. Trust me it kills the install. Make sure and use the correct WinCE files for the type install you are doing. For a 3.0 upgrade get the WinCE files from the X910 3.01 firmware on Pioneer's web site.

Another word of advice: Don't reload the NN74UC image file unless you are out of all other options. It will apparently change your device number, rendering any legal upgrade password invalid. Not sure if Pioneer will reset my password to get me "legal" again but am going to try. Yet with Avic411 I'm not sure legal is even necessary! Thanks to any and all for the work you've done.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys... Newbie here. I've had my F700BT for a little over a year now. I recently ran into the issue where the unit was going black after the splash screen. Occasionally I'd be able to hit the map button after a few minutes and the unit would spring to life but more often than not I wasn't getting anything. Life's a bitch when you have a destination programmed into the thing and you can't cancel it! :evil:

At any rate, Pioneer of course requests sending the unit in. I'm not going to do that. So I did a little searching and this is what I ended up doing...

http://avic411.com/wiki/index.php/Compl ... tall_Guide

I did this and all of my problems have been solved. I'm not really concerned about my bootleg 3.0... The way I see it is I paid for a product and it was not performing as advertised. I should not have to pay extra for the radio to do what Pioneer advertises. I won't loose any sleep over downloading 3.0 "illegally".

3.0 is significantly faster. I used to think the touch screen just required a hard touch as it would often miss my touches when I was searching for a song. It turns out the system is just lagging after I select something; so it wouldn't recognize my next touch. This alone is worth the upgrade. Combine that with the ability to turn off the obnoxious button chime and you have a winner.