AVIC411.com

Huge F700BT newbie.. trying to figure things out

ok I am having some issues, which may be nothing more than settings not being changed.. so here goes...

1. I am going to VIR (a raceway in Virginia) this weekend.. I want to put its address in as a destination or POI, but when I type it in (the address) it will not find the street. Would not find Alton, VA at first until I did the zipcode, and now when I go to type in the Street (Pine Tree Rd.) it will only allow me to type Piney Grove.. the rest of the letters are greyed out. Am I doing something wrong?

2. In the little colored booklet they sent out does it have all the instructions on how to add routes to your favorites, organizing POI's, etc.? I don't have it with me at work, but I just rememebred I had it and I am not sure how to do things like stop the route (just delete it?) I would have thought it woudl have come with a slightly more detailed booklet, like a camera has

3. Why when I am sitting in my driveway is it saying a different house number on my street? I have set my home location to my address, but if I am in my driveway it is saying 850 instead of 808 Perrymont... which is 200 ft away.

4. I have changed the daytime to Pionneer blue and the nighttime map mode to Pioneer Red.. however neither one seem different, they both look like a white map. When I turn my lights on nothing changes either... though when I toggle back to the map for a split second.. the map is black with the streets visible, which I assume is the nighttime mode. But I can't get it to that mode.. is something hooked up wrong?

5.I am going to hack it a bit ( as soon as I get a new SD card - keeps saying mine is full even though nothing is on it... its a 1GB so must be a big file.... just so I am clear here are the steps in doing the mods

- insert flash disk card with Testmode and MiTACAP installed

- go to windows environment and copy the "my flash disk" file over to the SD card

- make another back up copy on the HU itself in a new folder

- put SD card back in PC - and this is where all the code will be correct? Unzip Data.zip(is that right) and I can

access all the code?

- then is it just a matter of changing values, adding code, adding different files (ie sounds, mods, etc.)

- then do I zip it back or leave as is to put it back in the SD slot? Someone on here said do each mod 1 at a time.. that seems as though each file is separate and I can just put the SD card back in and drag each individual file I have modified over..

thanks for the help!!!

5.I am going to hack it a bit ( as soon as I get a new SD card - keeps saying mine is full even though nothing is on it... its a 1GB so must be a big file.... just so I am clear here are the steps in doing the mods

1st, I do not have an AVIC yet. From what I have read on this forum, your SD card may not be formatted to the AVIC's requirements. I believe it has to be FAT32, and the allocation size must be 32K or smaller. Do a search on SD formatting.

you know you are probably right, for some reason the SD card I have (one that splits in the middle so you can put it in a USB drive) stopped working on my mac so I have to put it in my camera to access it on my computer.. well in doing so it has to be formated for the Nikon.... I bet thats it... thanks!! I will reformat it and just use it in my pc's SD slot.... but I need a new one anyway... i mean hell 4 gb SD cards are soo cheap anymore anyway....

ok I am having some issues, which may be nothing more than settings not being changed.. so here goes...

1. I am going to VIR (a raceway in Virginia) this weekend.. I want to put its address in as a destination or POI, but when I type it in (the address) it will not find the street. Would not find Alton, VA at first until I did the zipcode, and now when I go to type in the Street (Pine Tree Rd.) it will only allow me to type Piney Grove.. the rest of the letters are greyed out. Am I doing something wrong?

Probably not, just outdated maps... Although it is possible that the street is coded as being in a different city on the map, so try with a zip code, or just put in the state and try entering the street name.

2. In the little colored booklet they sent out does it have all the instructions on how to add routes to your favorites, organizing POI's, etc.? I don't have it with me at work, but I just rememebred I had it and I am not sure how to do things like stop the route (just delete it?) I would have thought it woudl have come with a slightly more detailed booklet, like a camera has

More detailed manual is in a PDF file on the CD that came with the unit.

3. Why when I am sitting in my driveway is it saying a different house number on my street? I have set my home location to my address, but if I am in my driveway it is saying 850 instead of 808 Perrymont... which is 200 ft away.

Again, this is a problem with the way maps are coded by TeleAtlas. Generally, they do not code location of every building on every street (that would make maps huge and require far more effort). Instead, they code starting and ending house number on every street segment and approximate distance between houses along that segment. Software then interpolates to figure out what house number corresponds to a location somewhere in between. Coupled with a GPS position error, you are unlikely to see exact match between real house number and what the map thinks the house number is...

4. I have changed the daytime to Pionneer blue and the nighttime map mode to Pioneer Red.. however neither one seem different, they both look like a white map. When I turn my lights on nothing changes either... though when I toggle back to the map for a split second.. the map is black with the streets visible, which I assume is the nighttime mode. But I can't get it to that mode.. is something hooked up wrong?

Color schemes are changed by software based on your location and time of day. You will never see a night mode map during the day. In any case, Pioneer's schemes are very similar anyway. Download some extra ones from the hacks forum...

To have the brightness chnage with your headlights, make sure that the illumination wire from your car is hooked up to the unit, then adjust screen brightness with headlights turned off, then on...

- insert flash disk card with Testmode and MiTACAP installed

- go to windows environment and copy the "my flash disk" file over to the SD card

- make another back up copy on the HU itself in a new folder

- put SD card back in PC - and this is where all the code will be correct? Unzip Data.zip(is that right) and I can

access all the code?

- then is it just a matter of changing values, adding code, adding different files (ie sounds, mods, etc.)

- then do I zip it back or leave as is to put it back in the SD slot? Someone on here said do each mod 1 at a time.. that seems as though each file is separate and I can just put the SD card back in and drag each individual file I have modified over..

thanks for the help!!!

My Flash Disk content is about 1.6GB so your card is too small. Also, make sure that it is formatted as FAT32. I would suggest getting at least a 4GB SDHC card. That should give you space for a backup, updated maps, and hacks...