AVIC411.com

Parking Brake sensor on F500

Hi all,

I've read the hardware hack posts, and I see very little mention of the F500. I just installed an F500 and have a few questions/observations. Since this is a portable unit, it seems to work differently from the other F series

1). In one car, i connected the F500 to the ND G500 to fully integrate the system with my factory radio. When installing, I also connected the parking brake (although after doing so, the parking brake light stays faintly on all the time...not sure what that is from!). When the parking brake is not engaged i can't adjust the settings for nav, etc.

2). This morning, in a separate car, I just popped the F500 (with the mounting harness) and plugged it in to the cigarette lighter (no NDG500 integration). To my surprise, everything worked fine while driving. I assumed that by connecting the F500 to the base/mounting station, it would "activate" the requirement for the parking brake. Not so!

This got me wondering if I actually need the parking brake sensor on the car with the NDG500.

Does anyone know what the "trigger" is for the F500 to require the parking brake. I never tried it without the parking brake connection because I had read that it would work, but I'd get warning messages. I'm wondering if trigger for requiring a parking brake sensor is using the plug in the side of the mounting station...is that the trigger? If so, I'll keep the parking brake hookup in my car with the NDG500. Has anyone used this unit, with NDG500, without connecting the parking brake.

Thanks,

Brandon

I just grounded my parking brake wire and had no issues. Never tried it without it grounded but I was using my F500BT stand-alone previously and never required it which is a given I guess.

Just solder the parking brake wire (light green) onto the ground wire (black)

I would suggest reading the instruction manual that came on the F500BT disc to make sure you're getting the right wire.

Good luck.