AVIC411.com

So I'm pretty new to the in-dash GPS world, my buddy who works for car-toys helped me put in my new F90 and he said that he looked up the bypass instructions online. Ever since having the unit put in I've been confused by the fact that my arrow for the GPS portion doesn't always point "North." Say, for instance I'm driving East the arrow on the screen is going off the screen to the East which is a lot harder to tell what's in front of you for me. I've tried pressing the small compass button on the GPS screen to see what that does but for me it doesn't do a thing. I'm wondering if when my buddy bypassed it he accidently switched something that caused this function to no longer work or why I'm having these problems.

Thanks,

Poz

in 2d the arrow will not always point up. It will point the direction of travel ex. if you are heading east the arrow will point east or to the left of the screen. The only way to get the arrow to always point up is in 3d.

Oh, good call. Didn't think about 2D mode.

in 2d the arrow will not always point up. It will point the direction of travel ex. if you are heading east the arrow will point east or to the left of the screen. The only way to get the arrow to always point up is in 3d.

If north is the top of the screen in 2d mode.....wouldnt the arrow point to the right of the screen if you were going east?

If north is the top of the screen in 2d mode.....wouldnt the arrow point to the right of the screen if you were going east?

CRAP i was thinking right but typed left.............thats my story and i am sticking to it :mrgreen: