AVIC411.com

New avic f700 owner.

Cant wait to pickup up my ride in a little bit, finally getting rid of the crappy stock delco unit. :D I have been looking around and have seen the maps are outdated on the nav unit for the 700bt line, was wondering how much the updates are and do you all think they are worth investing in?

Regardless nav is only secondary to me, the ipod features is what caught my eye the most. No matter how much i tuned i could not get the old tape adapter connection to sound right on my stock unit so this should be a nice upgrade. Shame i will have to keep the stock speakers for now but rather piece it together slowly and get quality stuff and not kill myself with debt. 8)

Cant wait to pickup up my ride in a little bit, finally getting rid of the crappy stock delco unit. :D I have been looking around and have seen the maps are outdated on the nav unit for the 700bt line, was wondering how much the updates are and do you all think they are worth investing in?

No "official" updates yet - possibly later this year, but there's no confirmation on that.

If you check out the Hacks/Mods forum you can update to newer maps there. Much more info in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23411

Just make sure to do some research beforehand and also read nearly everything here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18977