AVIC411.com

Oooh, that 2006 ZX5 install was not fun.....

5 hours to install the D2/GEX-P10XMT,iPod IF AND a Bazooka tube into the wife's 2006 focus ZX5!

I had to rip out the exiting XM interface and associated wiring before I even started!

THEN turns out that the Metra kit CircuitCity gave me wouldn;t fit (it was for the 1.8Din off the 05 and before) and they didn;t have anything that could be made to fit (yeah right...)

So, I got me a 2005 Mustang install kit and with a little inginuity (read 4" screws) at least got it to a state of installed, stable and sounding much better than the stock CD/Radio.

XM is installed right below the steering column (there's just enough room to slide it in) the iPod is installed behind the glovebox and the bazooka tube is behind the passenger seat

She can still put the rear seat down without and problems, so I'm basically calling it a good install.

I didn't bother hooking the speed sensor or reverse wire cause she's never gonna have a rear camera (remember I come first for that anyways) and speed isn;t an issue... her right foot is always to the floor (and alright, I admit it... I'm too freakin lazy OK!!! ?)

Basically, a Saturday well spent if I do say so myself

She's just taken it out for a spin, I'll get the low-down when she gets back, just thought I'd share my Saturday with you guys
Good job. By the way that's not bad amount of time for that much work. Especially if you don't do that on a regular basis. Here's some stuff that might help you out should you get adventurous.

Speed Sense white/green radio harness

Reverse Light green/black + driver kick, harness to rear

Good job on the kit too. How about some pics of it.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]Good job. By the way that's not bad amount of time for that much work. Especially if you don't do that on a regular basis.
[/quote]

Thanks for the good words! I'll probably be taking it apart again next week (just ordered her the SIR-PNR1 so she can have Sirius as well as XM) so I'll make sure I take pictures this time...