AVIC411.com

Help Ipod Won't Stay Connected

I recently installed the F900BT everything works great accept my ipod which is the main reason I bought it. I will plug the cable into the bottom of the ipod sometimes it will recognize it some times it won't. Once it finally does recognize it, it will play a couple of songs and I might switch to something else and it will just randomly disconnects for no known reason. It's an 80 GB Ipod Classic with all latest software, any idea why it would do this.

P.S. I have tried to different cables and it doesn't the same thing so I don't think it is a short in the cable.

I had the same problem -- ended up getting rid of the Pioneer -- too many bugs just like the one you're describing. My resolution was to remove the Ipod plug from my ipod, and re seat it .. and SOMETIMES the f90bt would recognize it..

kinda sux when yer having to do that 4-5x a trip.

I have the same problem to a lesser degree with my ipod. However, if I use my wife's ipod or my iphone I don't have the problem at all. I think the connection is slightly worn and the cable does not seat properly because of it. It works fine for on street but it would be an issue if you went off road.

Yeah these units are so problamatic. trip out on one of my many issues:

1) Ever since the begining, BASS comes and goes while ipod plays music thru factory pioneer cable.

2) One day ipod isn't recognized at all. I also notice no "ding tones" while touching "touch screen". RESET DIDN'T FIX

SOLUTION for number 2: I entered a destination on the GPS unit and "low and behold", ding tones came back, ipod was recoqnized. ARRRRRGH! What kind of BullCrap is that for a solution? I went almost a week not needing to input an address, hence one week with no ipod.

I'll admit, when my F500 does function properly, IT'S SWEEEEEET.