AVIC411.com

Reverse Sensor Mod

First off I just want to say Thanks to the Avic Forums and community for all the help on multiple issues/mistakes. My question is....I have an 08 Avalanche with Reverse Sensors. Before installing my Avic f700bt the warning sounds were loud and definatly caught your attention. Now, after installing the Avic, the beeps are completely different and no where near as loud :( .....Is there anyway to adjust these volumes? I know all the stock system sounds from my vehicle now go through the Avic and I'm hoping there is a file that allows you to edit these.

I've been reading these threads for some time now, and I've modded my unit to some degre (i.e. updated maps, update nav display, software/hard bypass) so I understand the "testmode" and other basics. :wink:

p.s. The turn signal sounds are very, very annoying as well. Any info on this would be much appreciated too. Thank you all for the help!

I'm going to make an assumption that you used an adapter to retain the OnStar functions of your vehicle. I just installed in an '08 Silverado and used the PAC OS-04 adapter, but most of them are similar. You also probably had to use the Chime-X module, correct? If so, then you and I will both have to suffer with the annoying turn signals. It's a limitation of using the adapter I think.

I also suspect that your reverse sensors are routing through the Chime-X...and it's not very loud. As of right now, I have no idea how to retain the factory turn signal indicator while using one of these adapters.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that you CAN change the volume of the warning chimes (keys left in the ignition, etc...) using the DIC. Unfortunately, that has no bearing on the volume of the Chime-X.

I know I had to use the module for the Onstar and Bose system but I don't know about the Chime-X. I installed everytihng besides the radio (amp, sub box, bluetooth, camera.). I was really hoping for better news. Maybe someone else has more information on this....

Question though, do you have steering wheel controls? If so, were you able to get them to work? I bought two modules and neither would program.

The Chime-X module is a little black box....it's more than likely stuffed up in your dash somewhere where's it basically inaudible. If you go here...

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/produ ... 0Interface

...scroll down to the bottom and it's the little black box hanging off the lower right harness of the OS-4.

Also, I do have working steering wheel controls, although I mapped the preset up down to answer/hang up call since the preset buttons won't work. I used the PAC SWI-PS adapter that you can find on this page.

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/produ ... 0Interface

It was a breeze to program as long as you follow the instructions.

If it routes through the PAC box then you should have a volume control on the PAC module itself (look for a dial - my instructions said I had to remove the "lid/casing" of the PAC in order to get to the volume control on the board but the dial itself was actually visible and easy to get to without disassembly). My door chimes were too loud until I turned down the volume on the PAC module.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response....I had no luck. I've searched and believe I've found the end of the internet. I don't think there is a way around the Chime-X. Maybe something will pop up over time....I just can't imagine the sounds couldn't be controlled through the unit.