AVIC411.com

Help backing up my F90BT

I just recently bought a F90BT and want to put on the Cmh928 mod but I need to backup my unit first. I know I need to use the testmode thing and copy the flash disk onto an SD card but whenever I try to do that it says that there is not enough space on the card. I'm using an 8GB card and it wont work. How big of a card do I need to have in order to backup the whole unit? Thanks for the help.

-Brian

If it is an SDHC card, it may not be reading the size properly. I've read some people have had problems with those. You may want to just use a 2GB SD (not SDHC) card. Just one suggestion though - I have also read people not having any problems with SDHC.

Well, since i want to put a mod on my F90 I read that I have to make a back up of the entire flash disk. I read that all I have to start up in testmode, click on "Flash Disk" and hit "copy" and then paste all that onto my SD card. So I guess I'm trying to back up the ENTIRE flash disk. Is this not what I'm supposed to backup?

Well, since i want to put a mod on my F90 I read that I have to make a back up of the entire flash disk. I read that all I have to start up in testmode, click on "Flash Disk" and hit "copy" and then paste all that onto my SD card. So I guess I'm trying to back up the ENTIRE flash disk. Is this not what I'm supposed to backup?

pretty much yes, but what i don't understand is the entire flash disk is only about 1.6G, are all your SD cards SDHC? trying other SD cards is what i would suggest, or try it a couple of times

Ok, I tried the 2GB card from my cell phone and it would still give me the same message. If i open up the Flash disk and highlight all the files in there, and then open up my SD card and paste the files, it works just fine. Is that ok? Am i still copying all the files this way?

Ok, I tried the 2GB card from my cell phone and it would still give me the same message. If i open up the Flash disk and highlight all the files in there, and then open up my SD card and paste the files, it works just fine. Is that ok? Am i still copying all the files this way?

yes, and just make a folder and put all the stuff in there