AVIC411.com

After adding speedcam POI's, system resets to splash screen

I added 45 local speedcams as PIO's in AVIC Feeds and then uploaded them onto an SD Card.

After you insert the SD Card and search the speedcam POI file, you can see the list of camera locations. By clicking on each one individually and then pressing 'add camera' you can select the speed and direction. If you do several in a row, the unit will flash and then display the splash screen. The interesting thing is that the music will continue to play, so the unit's not entirely resetting/reloading. This is very annoying and adding all 45 POI's takes a solid hour. If it didn't reset, it would probably take 15 minutes.

Anybody else experience anything similar? I have an F700 with IDT's v2.9

I added 45 local speedcams as PIO's in AVIC Feeds and then uploaded them onto an SD Card.

After you insert the SD Card and search the speedcam POI file, you can see the list of camera locations. By clicking on each one individually and then pressing 'add camera' you can select the speed and direction. If you do several in a row, the unit will flash and then display the splash screen. The interesting thing is that the music will continue to play, so the unit's not entirely resetting/reloading. This is very annoying and adding all 45 POI's takes a solid hour. If it didn't reset, it would probably take 15 minutes.

Why not just make a speedcam.txt out of the KMLfile and just have the unit add them automagically?

i manually set every single one on mine, most of the speedcams listed in the speedcam.txt are kinda out of date so i just went and edited them manually on the screen,