AVIC411.com

F500bt without amplifier

There are 2 methods of operation/connection:

1- Powered by cig adaptor, sound output thro' inbuilt speaker (crap)

2- Powered via ND-G500 amp, hardwired, sound output thro' cars existing speaker system (perfect, but a bitch to wire up, and the so-called wiring diagram is a joke)

I did the latter option, binned the huge suction mount, adapted the cradle bracket to be permanently fixed on the dash and I now have a more 'integrated' set-up

:D

I was intending to skip out on the amp and just use the aux input on my deck but I received a free amp bundled with my F500BT, yay!

I'm installing mine today as the parts I needed arrived this week. I'm intending on mounting it on the dash rather than the window but am not sure how to do so at the moment.

So, yes you can use it without the amp as long as you have a deck with aux input. The deck will act as your amplifier and could possibly be a more powerful amp as well.

Good luck.

I was intending to skip out on the amp and just use the aux input on my deck but I received a free amp bundled with my F500BT, yay!

It won't take long for you to realise how much work is involved with the Avic loom, it's a nightmare, but do it right and you will have a great set-up. Good luck with the install :)

Yeah, took me the better part of the afternoon/evening and part of this morning haha. Most of the time was getting the mass of cables in there and finding a place for the amp. I couldn't be bothered cutting and re-soldering the cables to shrink the mass of cables.

I now have a hiss that starts a little after music is paused on my F500BT. It isn't there when playing, or when AV source is set to off... My deck doesn't have it either. Any suggestions?

I don't have any hiss at all, sound reproduction is perfect. But I did cut and solder the loom, from about 16' to 3', so all the interconnections are much more direct.

Assuming you just have all your loom coiled up behind the dash, I would think it's acting as an induction loop and picking up interference from the surrounding car loom/electronics, and this will be happening every time it's powered up.

It was a time consuming job cutting it all but worth it in the long run. What I did was cut the loom about 16" from the amp plug then soldered a 20-pin male computer power connector to those wires. I then did all the interconnects at the other end of the loom to the speakers/head/power, and then ran the loom to where I fitted the amp. Allowing a little extra, I cut the loom, soldered the female connector, and joined it to the amp: job done!

I would suggest if you have the time that you do the cut and chop on the loom, it's well worth the extra effort. While you're doing it, just use the Avic as a stand-alone unit with the cig adaptor until all the hard wiring is completed.

hi, just bought f500bt...i was wondering if i can install it without the amplifier but will be using the fat cable that came with it??

and one more question, if i do want to install the amp will it work on a bose headunit???i have a murano 04 with bose

I assume you mean the (fat) black cable that connects to the cradle/dock? If so then the answer is no, that cable connects to the ND-G500 amp, which is what supplies the Avic with 5V power, as well as control over what is output thro' the car speakers (BT phone, Nav voice guidance, music etc.)

As long as your headunit has ISO connectors for the speakers/power then you will be ok, but as well as installing the amp and the fat black cable, you will also have to install the loom that is also supplied. As I've already said in other posts, the install is a nightmare (and I'm an electrician!) but if you can manage it then the end result is well worth the hassle.

Yeah, I know about that connection method, but IMO it's a crappy way of doing it. First off you will have those wires hanging about over your dash, secondly (importantly) you will either have more wires on show for the audio connection or have to rely on the in-built (mono) speaker which is, quite frankly, an absolute joke.

It's up to you which way to go, but I gota say once I did the full install I have no complaints, it's just like having a permanent fixture but with the added security of being able to remove it when away from my car. Oh, yeah, it's also great for doing my mods indoors too! :)

what so hard about installing this?? just patient and you can do it in no time. The easiest way is to skip all the reverse, camera, amp control...etc, just connect the yellow power and the parking brake wire. The parking brake just connect to any metal part of the car (ground). The yellow power wire, the easiest way is to tag into the yellow power wire of your stereo (just that simple). The advantage of using this provide harness is everytime you turn on the key, the unit is instant on, no waiting, not booting time.... Most memeber here with build in unit complaint of long boosting time. I found myself lucky to have the 500... instant on, no boosting time.. and gps lock up in 1-2 second (cuz the unit pretty much always on with the yellow wire connected)

yes, no amp need. I later on installed the amp. The only purpose of the amp is to use the car speakers for sound, and also the neat option of pause the music when using blu tooth phone. The amp installation make it even easier as all the connections on this harness connect directly to the amp cable. I was lucky that my car was a mercedes, so all the original connectors are ISO, so just plug and play. For non german car, buy an ISO adaptor, tap into the wire behind the stereo, or you can tag the amp's wires directly into stereo wire without ISO adaptor... which take another 15 mins max