AVIC411.com

I_Touch capable

First (sorry this is a personal thing), it is an iPod Touch... not an iTouch.

Second... do you have the latest software version on the iPod? Or at least version 1.1.4? It should tell you in iTunes when it is connected to your computer.

Also, are you on the latest firmware for the AVIC?

yes, i do have the latest updates for each the f90 and ipod touch. I have the 2.0 version on the f90 and I connected the ipod toch to my pc and uploaded some apps with out it saying that I need to update it. Are you able to connect your ipod touch to your f90 unit?

My iPod Touch 1st gen is working, not perfectly but it works. Problem I have is that the iPod doesn't always know it's connected to anything (when it works fine there's a msg on screen saying "Accessory Connected"). Sometimes unplugging it and plugging in again solves the problem, however the most successful remedy I've found is to connect it while it's already playing music.

Quite annoying really but, once it's on, it's on (...until I turn the ignition off. Then it's pot luck as to whether I have to go through the same rigmaroll again next time it turns on).

Just FYI, I have the F700BT (Euro), latest firmware and latest iPod firmware, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the f90bt and a 2nd gen ipod touch. They work perfectly together. I've never had a problem with this.

My current firmware version is 2.2.1 (5H11a)

I use the ipod mainly to play audio books, but also for video/tv shows when i have a passenger or i'm stuck waiting for a train. (they take forever around here!)

Let me know if I can help with setttings.

infochia

Chevyman, The same thing happened to my ipod video and Ipod touch, how I fixed it was updating itunes AND the ipod (Im pretty sure it was the ipod update that did it but I cant tell exact since I did them both at the same time)

so I went to go outside to try my first gen ipod touch and it didn't recognize it. So im like ok this is interesting, so I noticed I had version 1.1.5 on the ipod and noticed there was a 2.1 update for the touch and iphone for 9.99. Now 10 bux is pretty cheap but im not paying one cent to the Apple corp for and update that fixes their mistakes so I downloaded it from HERE -> http://dl.btjunkie.org/torrent/Ipod-2-0 ... ad.torrent

When installing:

-make SURE your off the Internet

-Make sure you have about 1 gig of space on your pc

-When your in Itunes, hold shift and alt and click update, choose file with update and wait about 5-10 mins for the update to complete

Your done.

Alot of the F series "problems" are not related to the F series

EDIT: Iv done this with the first gen and the second gen ipod touch

And wtf is this doing in the hacks mods section? :P