AVIC411.com

Z Series update CD vs HD update

I was on the phone with Pioneer the other day ( I finally got my Z1 installed ) and i was having an issue that i called them about. The rep told me about an update cd that can turn the z1 to z3 for 120 dollars. I didnt inquire too much but i started thing, I probably could find this exact info on the internet to do this update without buying this cd. But what i wanted to ask is, what is the difference in a HD update and using the pioneer cd. I just want to see which whay i should go for ease and functionality. Also, has anyone found this info online so that you dont have to buy this cd?

garrett toomey, a user on this board can help you out. the update is the same whether you get the cd from poineer or an update from him. the only difference being i believe Garrett's drives have the most recent Gracenote Database and the newest XM icons

you can find his classified here: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14915

he also will update your current hdd if you dont want to purchase another seperate drive