AVIC411.com

POI's Still Show Up When ALL Are Off!

I am at a quandry. I have updated the POI's to the 2008.10 as well as my maps to 2008.04 and I also have CHM928's DATA.ZIP (partially) that has the Branded POI's in the DATA.ZIP file and I also have the Branded POI's in my flash disk/APL2/Igo/ui.pioneer that I had added a while back. ALL of my POI's are OFF in the "manage POI's"..every one of them..and yet they still show up! Also, the nighttime POI icons are different than the daytime ones. For instance, a medical facility in the daytime shows up as one thing and the nighttime another BOTH of which ARE NOT what I even have set as the edited icon in the manage screen@!

WHat the hell is going on??

Thanx,

Bud

As far as POI's that wont go away, that has been a bug issue with the F series sense day one. The only way I know to fix it is to go to SETTINGS, NAVI SETTINGS and select to reset the navi to factory default and start over. Now your Branding file issue is an issue I had with my Branding file early on. I have edited my branding file to fix the problem. All you need to do is copy the MAPCLOSE file from COMMON to the NIGHT folder in COMMON and it will display the same icons as day.

Not sure if this will solve your problem, but I was having a similar issue and I haven't got the Branded Icons but I have done some customizing of my icons per Stephanie's instructions on this forum. I've also got GTIMatt's mod but no updated maps.

I had noticed a bunch of medical icons kept showing up even though when I went into the manage POI settings I selected to not display any medical icons as well as all the subcategories. Well, tonite, after reading your thread it was bugging me so I went out to my truck and dug a little deeper and discovered that if I went into where you manage your POI's, and if you touched the "medical" button instead of the "edit" button it brought up all the subcategories- ie. pharmacies,etc. I then edited each subcategory and had to click on the display button and enter none or whatever you enter. I did that in each medical subcategory and now my mysteriously displaying medical POI's no longer display. I thought if you selected that you didn't want the medical POI's displayed and the button that says all the subcategories that it would accomplish the same thing for all subcategories. For some reason--and as mentioned earlier--I think it's a bug. I'm not sure if it's because we've customized our POI's or if it's just buggy software.

Thanx for the help!

Also, in CMH's mod he has put all of the branded POI's in the data.zip file structure.

See the atachment:

So, if I already have the Branded POI's in the root of the "my flash disk" then can't I just delete the "branded" poi's from the DATA.ZIP because the ones in the flash drive are what is being defaulted to?

Thanx again for the help!

Bud

As far as POI's that wont go away, that has been a bug issue with the F series sense day one. The only way I know to fix it is to go to SETTINGS, NAVI SETTINGS and select to reset the navi to factory default and start over. Now your Branding file issue is an issue I had with my Branding file early on. I have edited my branding file to fix the problem. All you need to do is copy the MAPCLOSE file from COMMON to the NIGHT folder in COMMON and it will display the same icons as day.

Is that the comon file in the flash disk or in the DATA.ZIP?

Thanx!]

..Bud