AVIC411.com

Problems with map updating

i have a f700bt i tried to update the maps from the 2007.10 that it came with. i tried several things.

a) copied new maps over

results: map didn't show up

B) copied new maps over and installed hacked ezrider

results: map shows, but POI's are blank

now the distance traveled is stuck at 0.4 miles and won't update. is there anyway i can run the old ezrider and use new license files? i couldn't source them. the maps i installed were 2008.1. the POI files are from the same set. also the hacked ezrider from the IR.zip file lags really badly. whats the best way to update the maps? and how can i fix the distance traveled thing.

let me know if you find a solution to the POIs not showing up. I am have a time with mine! I installed 2008.1 Maps + EZRider But the POI's that came with the Maps do not show. So I Downloaded 2008.10 maps and POIs now the maps and POI's dont show!

Does the POI files have to be a certain Name? LIke mine are named "USA_Kentucky.poi" But some I Downloaded are named "USA_Kentucky2008.01.poi

Small Side note: when I search for a POI here in KY I only get POI's for surrounding States. Yet I am using the same file as I am for the other states. And earlier when I was trying different map files and Poi files at one point I had two separate listings for most of the Hotels. For example one would be "DOUBLE TREE" and then the other would be "Double Tree" (Both of these were found under Accommodations) the lower case one had the hotel Im staying at. But now I cant not get it to come up again.

let me know if you find a solution to the POIs not showing up. I am have a time with mine! I installed 2008.1 Maps + EZRider But the POI's that came with the Maps do not show. So I Downloaded 2008.10 maps and POIs now the maps and POI's dont show!

Does the POI files have to be a certain Name? LIke mine are named "USA_Kentucky.poi" But some I Downloaded are named "USA_Kentucky2008.01.poi

Small Side note: when I search for a POI here in KY I only get POI's for surrounding States. Yet I am using the same file as I am for the other states. And earlier when I was trying different map files and Poi files at one point I had two separate listings for most of the Hotels. For example one would be "DOUBLE TREE" and then the other would be "Double Tree" (Both of these were found under Accommodations) the lower case one had the hotel Im staying at. But now I cant not get it to come up again.

US or europe maps. The 2008.10 us maps are not compatible with our version of igo. The latest US maps that we can use are the 2008.4 maps. The poi's from the 2008.10 maps will work with the 2008.4 maps. you also nee the hacked world wide license for the maps and poi's to work. Do search in the wiki or in hacks/mods section. good luck

• 6 months later...

i still haven't figure it out,

the search on this forum returns way too many post.

pretty much, i still have the 2.0 firmware and i'd like to update my POI files. i got the maps working, but no poi's show up. i've downloaded the new POI files for 2009.06, but can't figure out how to get them to display. help please :roll: