AVIC411.com

F500, does it need a radio to work?

Does the f500 need a radio either aftermarket or factory to work? I was thinking about putting one in my truck but I would like to use it without a radio. is there any way to hook it up to an amp with the pioneer amp? the only was I can think to make it work is to either use a line level adapter to get the signal to the amp or to have an amp with low level input. I would like to hide the additional amplifier and make a dock for the f500 so I can remove it when i leave.

Thanks,

Jonathan

You can either use the amp designed for it, or use an AUX input on the radio/stereo/headunit/deck. (whatever you want to call it :P)

If your stock deck has AUX in then you may use that, else you have to buy an aftermarket one... OR just buy the gateway amp.

what I mean is is there any way to get the f500 to work without a radio in the car? I know I would have to buy the gateway amp but what I'm looking to find out is if you can hook up an amp (ch and sub amp maybe) to the gateway amp. I didn't see any RCA outputs on the gateway amp but I wasn't sure if people found another way to make the connection or If i just missed the obvious way of doing it.

basicaly I would like to install the f500 without having to have a factory or aftermarked radio in the truck at all.

No, the gateway amp does not have any pre-outs. You would have to buy an amp suitable for no pre-outs. They need what (I think) is called a low level input. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. You might want to go into your local car audio store and ask them if they have any amps that work without pre-outs.