AVIC411.com

New F700bt owner so far so good..

So today the the navi went in along with the steering wheel controls the sirius adapter and the bypass :D . everything looks good so far heres a pic

SANY0118.jpg

bluetooth works good for me placed a couple calls and both people said I sound better than just my usual phone(pantech matrix=trash). The steering wheel controls work perfectly haven't noticed any skipping and all my buttons work(vol,seek,source)

gps so far has not won any medals with me. the first thing I did put in my address for the set home feature and it would not pull up the street. I live on west hawthorne road and the only thing that would pop up was west road. on a whim I tried hawthorne road and as soon as I put in "haw" there it was west hawthorne road...weird. Ok so i'm on my way home and the nav wants me to keep taking left turns and drive backroads all the way (prolly a setting to fix) and as I pull in my driveway the nav says I'm still like 1.5 miles away from home(not sure at all about this one but I live in east bum**** louisiana. seriously the only reason this town is here is the army post) hopefully its just a couple settings to change and i'll be alright.

My only real beef with the thing is that I think the installer took me for a ride on the adapter. I bought all the components online(navi,adapters,harness,dash kit etc) however when I arrived at the shop the installer told me that the harness I ordered(metra #70-1771 was the wrong one for my truck (08 explorer). He said I needed metra C2R-FRD1. I didn't think anything of it every harness I have ever bought was 20 bucks or less but when it was check out time he charged me $149.95 I asked to see one of them and he showed me and it was a whole bunch of plugs and some kind of adapter but I don't think I need any of that crap my truck stock had just a base radio with sirius built in. anyone know what price retail that part goes for.

All in all so far so good. Have been a member here for almost two years and this is my first pioneer unit. ( I don't compulsive shop :D ) also just wanted to thank all of the people here who go out of there way to post useful information here to help others. it is appreciated

First of all pal, I don't give a damn about you think. Whether I have credibility with you or not is irrelevant to the fact that you are a pompous moron. Do you see one mention of America being the best in that statement? Are you so Anti-American that a simple statement of a personal belief about ONE country somehow translates into the rest of the world. What are you a communist? Have you ever heard the statement don't judge a man until you have walked in his shoes? Well guess what Karl Marx, I have been to Iraq more than once. I'm not even going to dignify you explaining the things I have seen people do to other people so if I see the place as my personal hell and that offends you boo oh well

Hey JP, that install looks good, I just ordered my f700bt, I currently have have a AVIC D3 installed so I am hoping to just drop mine in with minimal fuss. I have an 07 Explorer Sport trac which has almost the same interior as yours.

Do you have the dimmer and the speed sensor hooked up? or did your installer do everything? Unfortunatly if he charged you 150 for the adapter, I think it is a bit of a rip off, I have never seen it over 25 dollars, pretty much all the fords built in the last 10 years use the same one.

Where is your gps antenna located?

Dont worry about the Canadians, they are a little bitter this time of year since their hockey teams are all beat, well the Canucks are still in it but doesn't look like they will go far.

Thank you for your service to our country. I dont think we are as bad as mmonkey thinks, usually people like that say such things out of jealousy. :mrgreen: He had better hope we get our finances in order, half our auto industry is in ontario canada. I guess they are going to have to go first.

the installer hooked everything up axxman but from what I have read on here the 700 does not have a vss wire..not positive on that tho. the dimmer is hooked up tho. enjoying it so far. fyi I have been messing around with alot of converters trying to find one that would take all my ipod videos and convert them into something I could put on sd and have decent quality and no lag on audio. prism looks and sounds by far the best. I broke my ipod a couple months back so I needed a work around until I get another one. don't know what that guys problem is but whatever thanks man. put up some pics when you get it in.

Thanks for the reply.

I have a D3 now, I convert all my videos with Nero Recode. I recently bought a mac, so I started using a program called Handbrake there. I have been doing this for about 4 years and my videos have always been fine. I have the 5.5 gen ipod 80gb. this F700 runs the video through the RCA, my D3 just uses the cable so I am not sure what sort of results to expect.

I am hoping I can just leave my existing wiring in and plug in the new 700. should know by the end of the week and I will post pics.

oh, you are trying to play video off the SD card, hmmm, you probably want to use the least compressed format that will play. when you play off the ipod, the ipod is uncompressing the files, but when you play off the SD card, the F700 is doing the work.

cheers,

axxman

hey axx I read on here a while back that there is no stand alone dvd player that you can control from the head unit. Do you know if they made one yet or maybe in the process cuz i'm tempted to buy one now but will prolly hold off if they are gonna have one that I can control right there. and thanks for the video tips

I dont think there is a stand alone dvd player, I use my ipod, I think the sd card will work.

got mine 2 days ago. installed it yesterday, it was easy for me since I had a d3 already, the same cables worked, I just had to change the hack cable position.

only other difference is my dimmer works in reverse now. it dims when I turn the lights off. with the d3, I had to run a wire to where my lights are powered on, the wireing harness didnt work. I am wondering if it will work with this new one. I will have to experiment over the weekend.

So far so good. it is different than the d3 though, some features are no longer present. but the hackability is nice so maybe I can change some things in software.

I will get some photos up tommorrow. it pretty much looks just like my d3 did.

HI.

New to the AVIC411 forum and did my first radio install ever this weekend.

Put a F700bt in my wife's 2005 Chevy Tahoe. Now she isn't complaining about the lack of a NAV system or easy interface for her I-Phone.

I got everything installed and found I couldn't program the NAV system, it would only show me where I was going, but I couldn't put in an address, etc. The System and NAV settings were also greyed out... I knew I didn't do anything with the parking brake wire (light green), so figured it was locking me out.

Anyway, I got on the forum and read through the AVIC threads, only to realize I needed to do the hardware bypass. No where does it tell you to do that in the installation manual.

The great part is that I downloaded the "Hardware Bypass for Dummies" instructions by Maverickster and it worked great!

By the way, I've read alot about the slow boot up time for the F700BT and really don't believe it is all that slow. I have the firmware 2.0 loaded, and have also turned off the Voice Recognition on the radio. It booted up within a minute.

I found this to befaster than my Garmin Nuvii 650. The difference is that it doesn't give you a screen until the satellites have been acquired. With the Nuvii 650, you get a boot up screen, followed by a "OK" page, than it goes into acquiring satellites. Anyway, my two cents and for the price point ($450 US), you can't beat it.

Great forum!