AVIC411.com

F500 didn't turn on by itself after the car started

Hi, I just bought a F500BT(already updated the frameware to 2.0) and did a try out hook up (just hook up the DC 5V outlet from the car). And I found that the F500 didn't wake up from standby mode by itself after the car start like the manual mention. It show the splash screen for a few seconds and then back to blank screen with the charging indicator on. Is that something wrong with the unit? Or is it because I didn't connect all the color code wire?

Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough.

I meant that; I only recently did mount it. I didn't have the wiring diagram for my car. I couldn't be bothered testing the wires to see which was which. So I waited to get a workshop manual which didn't help so I ended up buying a harness from mazda to iso.

To me it seems sub-standard compared to the in-dash units. However, for the price it is a very very good unit.

It's not really sub-standard, the main bug is that the 500 is crap as a stand-alone A/V device unless it's installed together with the ND-G500 amp. And the installation is a bitch, the wiring harness is about 16' long! But if you have some knowledge of wiring, and plenty of perseverance, it's well worth the time and effort.

It's not really sub-standard, the main bug is that the 500 is crap as a stand-alone A/V device unless it's installed together with the ND-G500 amp. And the installation is a bitch, the wiring harness is about 16' long! But if you have some knowledge of wiring, and plenty of perseverance, it's well worth the time and effort.

Well, in Canada the F500BT come with the ND-G500 as well. But read from somewhere that the ND-G500 cannot install on stock oem preminum sound system. My car is an Acura TSX (of course non-navi one) and it already consits a amp and 10 speakers. So I don't know can I still use the ND-G500 on my car?