AVIC411.com

Direction to POI

I did some light searching so flame on if I should have looked harder.

I think the search for a POI is missing a feature that would be very helpful while traveling.

Since I can't program to save my life this would be a request of a kind soul.

So your driving from point A to point B and now need gas.

Easy do a search on gas stations along route, and of course find several that are a few miles away and some a ways away but...

Are they in the direction you are going or already behind you?

I would love it if it would show that you've passed or not but I think a North, South, West, or East indicator from one's current position would be a great add-on to the search results so one could decide to turn back or keep going forwards.

i.e.

SA 3.2mi South

BP 7.4mi West

K&N 12mi North

and so on...

FYI i just used gas as an example I would like this for all POI searches.

I think the search for a POI is missing a feature that would be very helpful while traveling.

Easy do a search on gas stations along route, and of course find several that are a few miles away and some a ways away but...

I would love it if it would show that you've passed or not but I think a North, South, West, or East indicator from one's current position would be a great add-on to the search results so one could decide to turn back or keep going forwards.

i.e.

SA 3.2mi South

BP 7.4mi West

K&N 12mi North

and so on...

This should be doable... Standard iGO can show a little compass icon in POI result list pointing in POI's direction, and it knows detour length as well... Somebody needs to get around to coding a mod for this...

i.e.

SA 3.2mi South

BP 7.4mi West

K&N 12mi North

and so on...

hhhmmm, what i ussually do is just click on the options that the poi search gives me and it automatically seets it as your destination,

I know that you can chose to set the POI as a via point or the go here now and get directions to it, but basically I want to know if the POI is in the direction I'm traveling or do I have to go out of my way to get to it before I chose to go to that POI or if I should chose another.

I'm in the same boat on this one. I'm use to my Garmin Zumo pointing in the direction of the POI. It's nice not having the Gps route me in the reverse direction of travel. I have to see if the poi distance on the avic decreases as you drive, I've forgotten at this point.