AVIC411.com

F90bt stopped working 2 weeks after installing cmh's hacks?

EDIT:

2 weeks ago I installed cmh's mods...everything worked awesome. This morning, turned on the car...and the f90 didnt boot up...i tried resetting it by holding the reset and the eject for 5 seconds, just the reset...etc...nothing. however...the lights on the menu buttons and such are lit, so i know there is power to it. then, after a few times of starting the car on and off (over the course of the day) it booted up no problem. the next day...in the morning, same thing, doesnt work the first few hrs im in the car, then bam...starts working around 11.30 am. not a loose wire.

what could this be? i did make a backup of my flash drive before i did the mods...however how did it work for 2 weeks then all of a sudden stop working? the last time i had shut it off, i had the navigation set to where i was going so i'm positive it was definitely working...now nothing?

avic gods PLEASE HELP!!!!

thanks guys,

woody

ok, so now 3 days in a row. i turn the car on for the first few times in the morning (i'm a sales rep...alot of on and off driving)...then by like 11:30-12 the system starts working normally. It will work at night when i turn the car off then on again (not a loose wire), then in the morning hours the thing does not work. It receives power to it, but nothing else. the menu buttons are white and the hard drive or something inside the unit spins. other than that nothing....that whaalahh 11:30-12pm rolls around and it works without a glitch. whats going on!!!!

by no means am i saying the mod "did it" i just wanted to ask you all what you thought about the subject being that i have this mod in.

if i want to go back to the original version of 2.0...how do i do so? i have a backup of 2.0 on an SD card, and the actual Pioneer distributed SD card with version 2.0 loaded onto it.

do i put mitacap and testmode, along with "my flash drive" onto a freshly formated SD card and it'll load up the stock version automatically?

I had that same problem. Exchanged it for a new one.

bring it back to dealer or what? I installed in myself and have a harness connected to it...its probably the unit and not something in the harness correct? i double checked all the connections everything is hooked up properly and secure.

Should check the battery. If battery is low might create the problem. Start the car without headlight see if that works. If so, should replace or charge battery.

the unit does not work in the morning after the car has been off all night...then i start the car no prob. drive for say an hr or two, turn it on or off somewhere around 5x, then miraculously the thing works. its not the battery not supplying enough power too it...because then it would flicker on and off the whole time. when its on, its on....but in the morning after i havent used the car all night it doesnt work.

You should never write off a loose connection. Most people seem to beleive that a loose wire will not give you enough voltage. That is wrong if a connection is loose you might be getting 12VDC to the system, but due to the high resistance the the loose conection just created you might not be getting enough amperage. So you might be getting 12VDC but only .05amps when you need maybe 10amps for the system to work ( i do not know the exact amperage for the unit those are just example numbers). Due to the driving and the heat of the day kicking in the metal on the connector wiggles and expands and just .001 of an inch is enough to create high resistance. The lickley hood of this is slim(i have seen it happen many times, but it still slim), but it is always better to check before you send the unit in. :wink:

I am leaning towards the unit. Good luck.