AVIC411.com

Avic-N4 CD-UB100 Review

I just got the CD-UB100 installed today, it allows you to use USB flash/external hard drive to play your music. I'm anti Apple and just hate the ipod. I was looking for a way to plug in any MP3 player besides the ipod, I then saw the AV2 port on the brain which is just a standard audio jack. I plugged in my cell phone and it worked, however on the N4 there's just a black screen, there was no way to get your default background or songs to show up. It was in Video mode and that's the only option it had, but the songs still played. You would just have to control it from your mp3 device. First off, the UB100 is perfect in every way. The songs instantly play, no load time at all when switching between tracks/folders. And it shows the full song & artist name, I read some other posts about it now showing the full artist/song name, not sure about the situation on that. For those who also owns a remote control for the AVIC, it works great with it. I have a Corsair 16gb flash drive plugged in and has just over 1500 songs. The only time it loads is when you first plug in the device, but after that it's smooth sailing from there. If anyone is interested in getting this for their AVIC, go for it! You won't regret it, and the best part is, you have your CD slot empty, I just leave my navigation disc in there.