AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Help

Out of the box, my bluetooth did not work at all. I could not even pair a device. I downgraded the bluetooth software using what I downloaded from Pioneer's website and then I paired my phones and they worked. I then upgraded the bluetooth software back to the most recent and I was able to pair my phones and the bluetooth works. Odd that the bluetooth downgrade and then upgrade worked, but it did in my case. I don't know if it would help you, but maybe you could try that.

Update: Got it working!!!

Can you post a download link to what you got from Pioneer? All I can see if the 2.0 firmware and latest Bluetooth software, both of which are already on my unit. If you've got an older firmware, please link.

Presently, my HTC Touch can't see the F700BT and the F700BT doesn't detect the phone's presence at all.

Is there any chance the alternate Bluetooth option might work?

bluetooth update is at the following:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... e+Download

go about half way down the page to Step two. It has both files on there. they are hard to see. Look closely and you'll find them. The software for Sony Ericson W300i or Samsung SGH-U900 phones is the earlier version.

Best of luck. I hope the software solves your problem or a problem for anyone else looking at this thread.

Nope, no need to install the other firmware. Just copy the three bluetooth files for the bluetooth software revision you want to install onto a blank SD card. Disconnect any ipod, iphone, or usb before turning the unit on. Insert the SD card into the unit, turn the unit on, go to phone-> phone settings-> bluetooth software update -> software update. It will begin updating the bluetooth software which will take a few minutes. That's it...

Thanks BartlettCharlie...my unit wouldn't recognize any of the four phones I tried out of the box. It was as if they didn't exist. But once I did what you said, it now works, so again thank you. Much appreciated!

Nope, no need to install the other firmware. Just copy the three bluetooth files for the bluetooth software revision you want to install onto a blank SD card. Disconnect any ipod, iphone, or usb before turning the unit on. Insert the SD card into the unit, turn the unit on, go to phone-> phone settings-> bluetooth software update -> software update. It will begin updating the bluetooth software which will take a few minutes. That's it...

Thanks BartlettCharlie...my unit wouldn't recognize any of the four phones I tried out of the box. It was as if they didn't exist. But once I did what you said, it now works, so again thank you. Much appreciated!

Looks like you had the same problem as I did. I'm glad the downgrade/upgrade of the software worked for you too! I'm really loving my F90BT now, but I was initially a little disappointed. Fixing the bluetooth helps a lot. Who would have thought you would have to reinstall the bluetooth software to a brand-new unit. Oh, well. It's working well now.