AVIC411.com

me and another member on the forum did the hardware bypass on my car today. We grounded the parking break wire to the black ground wire. Now the only function that I can't get while driving that I couldnt before is the poi function. With a DVD in I get the viewing in the front seat is prohibited but only afteril I get up to about 20 mph. I cannot input an address while driving or search for a poi. Is my problem a bad ground?

did you do the FULL bypass or just the p-break bypass with the software bypass? if you just ground the p-break wire and dont put the software bypass in then it will do what you are saying, BUT if you did the full wire bypass or have the p-break/software bypass and its not working then its prolly a bad connection (you dont need the software bypass if you did the full wire bypass, which is the p-break wire and the mute wire (moved to the correct location), both grounded)

i had the same problem at first after i did the wire bypass after reading posts i found i had the wrong p brake wire.make sure it is the light green one. we don't think you are slow or anything but you could have grounded the wrong wire.Happened to the best of us :D oh also i don't know if it matters but i disconnected the speed sensor wire to.

I just did hard bypass yesterday on my F90BT install and it works great. I did ground the mute (yellow/black), PB (lt greeen), and radio ground all to the same ground. All my connections are soldered and heat srink tubed. I also left the PAC harness (red/white) pb wire not connected to anything and capped.

I installed the F90BT doing the hardware bypass of moving the mute wire and grounding with the pbrack lt. green wire. I am able to change navi settings while moving and I can view a DVD without the p-brake on but as soon as I get moving the DVD blanks out with viewing message.

I did connect the pink VSS wire and i'm assuming that this is how the unit knows I'm moving. If I disconnect the pink VSS wire will the DVD veiwing be allowed? I keep reading about a software bypass but I can not find the proceedure to do this. Does the software bypass allow you to keep the VSS wire connected?

the VSS is only for the navi part, the unit only checks for the 'park break' that is all. (Thanx Pioneer, this time I appreciate lack of attention to detail :) )

As I said, all you need to do is ground the park break, i did mine to the main black ground of the unit. I could view movies and set destination, etc while in motion. BOTH with VSS connected as well as prior to that. Working now more than 2 weeks, driving every day.

I heard of a motion sensor inside the unit that detects changing lanes, etc, but it obviously doesn't effect the 'safety' BS lock, that is for sure, if it is there at all.