AVIC411.com

A/V Cable Extension and Remote Reset Switch

Ok, I've had my AVIC F900BT for about a year now, and love it. I haven't made any changes to it though, but plan on it soon.

There are two things I don't like about it though. First, is that I have to take apart the dash to get to the A/V cables to make any changes to anything behind it. But more importantly, sometimes the unit locks up, and I have to either reset it with the reset button, or shut off my car and open the door. Can't always do that while driving down the highway, and the reset button not only resets the radio, but resets my EQ settings, and other things. So, I made this box.

I have my ipod connected to it, but want to be able to change that connection sometimes for another video input (BTW: you do NOT need the Pioneer ipod cable to use the ipod, you just need the USB cable. There will be no video, but that's ok unless you really NEED it). Also, I have a rear overhead DVD player that is connected to the external A/V, and would sometimes like to change that connection to go to something else. And, there's the external audio inputs. Would like to be able to change those too.

So, I made this box. I took an RCA cable and cut it in half, then soldered it to female connectors, and put it all in a Radio Shat project box. I also added a switch to reset the power. The switch is a momentary push button that is normally closed. This will connect in line to the red +12v switch, so if I press the button, it will power off the unit until I release the button.

Maybe nobody else will be interested, but I figured I'd post it anyway..

M.O.D

• 2 weeks later...

What a great idea!

I can't tell you how many times I've pulled up to a red light, shut the iginition off, opened the door, shut the door then turned the ignition back on as fast as I possibly can, hoping to finish before the light turns green, just to reset the damn thing!! I know I look like an idiot!

Is it possible to make this box for someone else's unit (f90bt) and if so, what would you charge?

FG,

infochia