AVIC411.com

The touch screen gives me fits. When trying to zoom the map, it activates the other functions but not the zoom scale. The right side of the screen gives a lot of problems because it does not react to touching.

Any cure short of replacing this unit.

I had this issue a while back with my D2 headunit where the right hand side of the screen i couldn't even touch anything. Basically all i did was follow these steps below and it resolved my issue. To fix mine I stop about 1 centemeter before screen ended on the right side to compensate for the screen and that helped out.

hope this works for you:

( FYI this is a repost do not give me credit for writting it up...)

TOOLS: Stylus, patience

WARNING: User beware - simply put - if you're reading this - you've been pulling your hair out (even though there isn't much left of mine) so you're going to have to face the music that certain things are going to be erased from your Pioneer unit. So far I've noticed the obvious: radio stations, favorite lists, destination history, some default settings, etc. Ultimately I was prepared to lose EVERYTHING and start over from scratch just as long as I can actually USE the unit again. So if you DON'T want to lose your information - then do NOT read any further. Take your car to an authorized Pioneer repair shop and let them deal with it. You've been warned - there you have it.

1.) Turn off the car - seems so obvious, I know.

2.) Turn your car key to the accessory setting or whatever your equivalent is because we're going to sit here for awhile.

3.) Press and hold in the "Open" button that contains the CD drive as well as the DVD Nav disc. (pressing and holding the "open" button should take you to the second tray which is the DVD Nav disc port.)

4.) Do NOT eject the DVD Nav disc.

5.) Using a stylus, a paper clip, a ball point pen, press and hold in on the small-tiny RESET button located just under the "SRC" button.

6.) While holding in the RESET button press and hold the DVD Nav Disc eject button.

7.) Let go of the RESET button *ONLY*

8.) When the screen prompts you to "press reset" let go of the DVD Nav Disc eject button.

9.) Press the joystick up twice

10.) Press the joystick down twice

11.) Press the joystick in and you should get into the service menu screen. On my unit - I didn't have to insert a password on the initial screen -- but it's possible you may have to. If this is the case, you're probably out of luck unless you can find it on here -- or by going to your authorized pioneer dealership for the code.

11a.) You can (and probably should) press the "OPEN" button again so that your screen returns to its normal position.

12.) Your top most option should have something to do with the touchscreen. If it doesn't -- then stop what you're doing, try to retrace your steps and if you can't find the touchscreen option, then you probably should consult your nearest pioneer dealership for help. Select the top most option if it deals with the touchscreen

13.) At the next screen, the top three options are the only things we're interested in. We'll be navigating through this menu using the joystick and the P.ADJ button (which is located in the lower right hand corner of the unit) The P.ADJ button acts as the "[bACK]" button when you're prompted on the screen.

14.) The top most option is going to trace the outline of your unit. make sure the option is highlighted and press in on the joystick to go to the next screen.

15.) The Pioneer unit should prompt you to trace the white line of the screen. Sounds easy enough - but thanks to a previous poster, you don't want to go corner to corner and trace the whole white line. Preferably using your stylus (don't use a ballpoint pen or a paperclip that will damage the screen) start tracing a box at the very top part of the screen, but pull from the left most edge approximately 1/4" of an inch from the side. Proceed to "trace" the upper white line until you reach about 1/4" of an inch from the RIGHT hand side of the display. Carefully make a straight line down the screen until you reach the bottom and then proceed to move your stylus to the left until you reach 1/4" of an inch from the left side. Trace back up to the top and you should get blue text that reports that the test was okay. Basically what we're trying to do is to "trick" the pioneer into thinking that the effective area is smaller than what it actually is. (NOTE: be prepared to do this step several times to get the right alignment for the screen.)

16.) It should take you back to the menu selection you were just at. Now let's select the second selection which should be something about orientation.

17.) Here we'll take our stylus and press the center "+" box throughout the screen. This process ensures that the screen is oriented. After the last box is selected - you should see the blue text again saying this test was okay. If you're unable to touch the center of the "+" - you need to start over and try changing the distance of the "box" you created in step 15. I had to do this countless times until I could hit most of the boxes. The P.ADJ key didn't go "[bACK]" for me as it should've, so I had to start over again. Don't get discouraged - you're definitely not alone.

18.) If the test was a success, it should take you back to the menu selection again. Go to the third option now -- you should see the blue text again that reports that the settings have been saved.

19.) You can run further tests on the cursor and screen calibration if you want.

20.) When you're ready to reboot -- shut off the car (DO NOT PRESS THE RESET BUTTON.) Shutting down the car (thus powering OFF the Pioneer unit) and turning it back on to accessory successfully saved the changes I had made. I tried just pressing the small RESET button, but found that the pioneer unit merely reverted back to its original settings -- thus negating all of the changes I had just made.

21.) You should be able to access the Pioneer Nav system again - and start restoring your settings. Your clock will be reset to West Coast time -- so adjust accordingly.

22.) Keep in mind that your "map" has also changed along with several of your other default settings. You can re-establish your default map by going into the POI Search option in your navigator and click the tiny map of the USA with the number "1" on it ...

If all goes well - your screen should be more responsive and able to be utilized as it should be.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...