AVIC411.com

I recently bought a used Avic D1 and have a couple of questions which can hopefully be resolved. I've read conflicting info on the web regarding the unit's DVD playing capabilities. Can someone tell me if D1 is able to play DVD movies?

Second question, is there a preliminary check that I could do before installing it in the car to make sure everything functions as it should? Ones again I read some horror stories about touch screens going bad on these and GPS position being out of whack.

And last question, my unit only came with East side DVD, is it possible to download the West side DVD somewhere or can I buy it somewhere? Or is it possible to upgrade the software to use a single DVD for the entire country?

Nobody answered huh?

The D1 will not play DVDs. The only way to test it is to power it up. I had a D2, the GPS was fine, got me where I had to go in the US and Canada. I'm sure you can download the west map somewhere or you can buy them on the Pioneer website. I'd hold off a while, the newest maps should be released soon.