AVIC411.com

I see so many post about the D2 bypass it confusing as crap. The D2 has a built in gyroscope so grounding the emergency brake wire on the D2 harness shouldn't work. I assume using a spare wire and grounding it to the open pin bypasses the gyroscope also? Is this the case? None the less, the gyroscope is needed in order for the NAV to properly function AND if you ground the parking brake wire you still have to disconnect the VSS wire so why even buy this unit? The whole point is for GPS so if it isn't going to be accurate why even buy it. Dont get me wrong, I want to the change my destination and watch movies on my IPod while driving but im not sure it's worth the disadvantages or voiding your warranty for that matter.

if im totally wrong someone please correct me, i still want to bypass my system but not if I must disable my VSS wire.
[quote]None the less, the gyroscope is needed in order for the NAV to properly function AND if you ground the parking brake wire you still have to disconnect the VSS wire[/quote]

No you don't.

Bypassing the unit does not effect the accuracy at all.

It just makes the D2 think that the parking brake is engaged when its not.

It does not bypass the gyroscope, the VSS or anything that effects accuracy.

Thanks to rodja for the pic. Its a great picture for how to bypass the D2.