AVIC411.com

About a week ago my F90 deicded to load up and go straight to the black screen. I tried all of the various button pushes to get it to work to no avail. I downloaded a new version 2.0 from Pioneer's website and uploaded it. It would boot and stay on the boot screen until I pressed the menu button to bring up the menus. The only two i could select were Navi settings and System settings. If I select Navi it freezes up on the disclaimer about don't do this while driving. I can select ok and the button flashes but nothing happens. I have to reboot the unit to get it to do anything after this. If I select system settings I can do everything in the menu. I looked at my version and it says 2.000000 but there was nothing for map version. I said fine, I'll try to reload it. I reloaded 2.0 and the same thing happened. I booted to testmode and found the gpspara files that someone said they deleted and got it to work. I deleted those and the unit acted no differently. I reloaded 2.0 again just now and the unit acts the same with the exception of I now have a map version of 1.000600. If I select A/V source the unit does nothing, if I change the volume the unit does nothing. I have spent hours searching and I just can't seem to find out what else I need to do. Is there someone out there who can help me?

Thanks,

Matt

Also, the backup camera was set to "off" so it wasn't that either.

Unfortunately I am out of town and do not have a backup of the software with me. I am downloading your files from Rapid Share. Once I get them all downloaded what do I do with them? Just load them on an SD Card and put it in the unit or is there a procedure that needs to be followed? Sorry for these newb questions, I'm usually better at stuff.

Just put all the files on an sd card. Put the sd card in the unit and start the car. The unit will boot into testmode (wait for the copy screen to finish and then press the X at the top right). Navigate to "myflasdrive" and makke a list of all files and folder you see (you will need the list later). After you have made the list delete all the files and folders except for the wince files (there are 2 i beleive). Now navigate to the sd card, get you list out that you made previously, and copy all files and folders except for the testmode folder and the mitacap folder to "myflashdrive". The files you DL'ed from me have the wince files on it but the reason i said not to delet them from your unit is that fro some reason if you did delete them and lost power to your unit before you could copy everything over you will brick the unit. If you leave the wince files on the unit and lose power it is no prob you will still beable to boot into testmode and finish copying everything. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Got everything downloaded and put the card in. Started the vehicle and all the unit does is stay on the loading screen. If I press menu it does what it was doing before. Do I need to have the testmode files on the SD card also? Or do I need to do something with all the files I downloaded from you? Currently they are in a list from 1 to 17 just like I downloaded them. Thanks again for your help so far.

Here's an update. Got all of minifreezer's files from Rapid Share. Un RAR'ed them. Loaded them on my SD Card. Put card in unit, turned car on, waited for something good to happen. Unit acts like it wants to go into test mode but doesn't. It gets to the "copying files" box, goes about halfway and shuts off. I used my another SD Card with just test mode on it to try that. Unit does the same thing. Acts like it wants to start test mode but won't. If anyone has any suggestions before sending it back to Pioneer let me know please. Thanks.

Man i wish i could help you more, but if you can't get into testmode i do not know what to do. Do a search for not being able to get into testmode nd hopefully you can find answer to that. I know there are a couple of threads about no being able to get into testmode. Also make sure your sd card is formatted in fat32, somtimes that will keep you from entering testmode. Other than that you can try to get into uboot. You will have todo a search for it i have never done it. Good luck and keep us posted.

mine is doing the same still, i can get into test mode replaced all the items from the 1-17 rapidshare files twice and loaded them onto the unit but then this turns off the settings button which is the only button currently working.

iv tried everything i can, it still dosnt even load into the main menu i have to press the main menu button, any help would be great also when i click in settings then system settings and then information, Maps shows nothing the one under it shows 2.000000 which is right as far as i know

im not sure if the file structure is wrong can any body help me with that

thanks again any help be great

• 1 month later...