AVIC411.com

WTF!!!!!! Z1 firmware upgrade crashed unit!!!!!

Man I'm pissed!!! I just tried to do the Z1 firmware upgrade for "freezing" in hot temperatures (I live in Phoenix) and the unit is now bricked!!!! It's in a constant state of rebooting. It goes from the standard boot screen that says "Starting up Pioneer Car Navigation..." to "Program update Started" then immediately to "Program Update Failed" then reboots itself. Then it starts all over. I watched as the upgrade was progressing and everything went fine, loaded all 91 "files OK, then it said "Program Update Failed" and started the reboot cycle. I tried powering down, reset and a few other things but it's bricked!!! What do I do now? Damn it!!! Please help!!!!!

If I remember correctly something like this was common when the firmware was released. Someone said they tried it about 60 times before it actually worked. I don't remember the fix but if you search far back the discussion should be there.