AVIC411.com

I have recently installed my Z3 with BT (NDBT1), Ipod (CDIB100II), and XM (GEX-P20XM). I had rigged the HU and the Ipod adapter up just to get it to work for a long road trip and I had Ipod usage. FFW, I had disconnected everything and reinstalled it. I now have everything hooked up and I have BT functionality as well as full functionality of the HU but the HU is not seeing the ipod or the XM. I hooked a multi-meter up to the XM and Ipod and they are getting power. When I hook the ipod up, it gives me the default screen that something else is controlling it but nothing on the HU. What gives?

The blue end of the IP-bus cable should be plugged into the headunit and the black end into the accessory. Then daisy chain. Try removing the ipod interface from the connection to test just the XM unit and cable.

I have a similar issue. Does each component (Sirius, Bluetooth & Ipod) have to be individually wired to power and ground? ....or does the daisy chain black/blue connector supply the power as well? If they all need power and ground, looks like I have left some wiring in my previous vehicle. I only have the power/ground wiring for the Sirius.

Thanks, I will have to look a little harder for the power & ground cables. I have all the IP-Bus cables for this install.

Anybody know where I can find answers to two more questions:

1.) If I want to skip the bluetooth module and install a Parrot any idea as to the wiring diagram for that? I have a Z1 with headlight flasher and a 2002 porsche 911 with factory amp and the Z! works just fine so far (just getting started on the install and hooked the wires up last night to "test / confirm" I had all the wiring correct for the head unit).

2.) If I wanted to add the Porsche logo to the Z1 screen what is involved? WOuld I need to upgrade the Z1 and would that make the headlight flasher useless?

Any simple directions are appreciated. I have seen may posts here but can not find those that apply to my circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump, still without XM and Ipod. I reconfigured wires and made sure the colors were right. I also noticed I just started to get a slight alternator whine as well as a thump coming from the left rear sub about 5 seconds after the car is powered off. Don't know if this helps, but any other help would be greatly appreciated.

It also seems that the bass or tuning from the HU is too much or not enough. Is this the music I am burning to CD's or is this the HU? Do I need better amps?

I am running the components from a PPI 4400.2 and the subs from a PPI 2600.2.